- Aleida Pujol
- Estefania Ayala
- Carmen Gómez
- Jaime Muñoz
- Patricia Prieto
- Pierfrancesco Vargiu
The laboratory mouse is the most widely used experimental model for genetic studies and preclinical drug development in cancer. The Mouse Genome Editing Unit is dedicated to the genetic edition of the mouse germ line and to the generation of genetically modified mouse strains. Hundreds of these strains have been created at our Unit. In many cases, they contain modifications that reproduce the genetic alterations found in human cancer and are introduced in the mouse to generate preclinical models of the disease, thereby contributing to the development of more efficient targeted therapies. Genetically modified mice are also created for testing in vivo, in a physiological context, hypothesis related to the molecular mechanisms that convert a normal cell to a malignant cell or that contribute to tumour expansion and invasion of distant organs, ultimately causing death. Cancer is an extremely complex disease that cannot be sufficiently well studied in vitro in a tissue culture plate. The generation of genetically modified mice is one of the basic pillars that sustain cancer research at the CNIO.
- (2019). Tumor Lymphatic Function Regulates Tumor Inflammatory and Immunosuppressive Microenvironments. Cancer Immunol Res (in press).
- (2018). ERF deletion rescues RAS deficiency in mouse embryonic stem cells. Genes Dev 32, 568-576.
- (2018). The RNA Polymerase II Factor RPAP1 Is Critical for Mediator-Driven Transcription and Cell Identity. Cell Reports 22, 396-410.
- (2018). Conditional deletion of Rcan1 predisposes to hypertension-mediated intramural hematoma and subsequent aneurysm and aortic rupture. Nat Commun 9, 4795. Open Access
- (2018). Adult Sox2+ stem cell exhaustion in mice results in cellular senescence and premature aging. Aging Cell 17, e12834.
- (2017). In Vivo DNA Re-replication Elicits Lethal Tissue Dysplasias.. Cell Reports 19, 928-938.
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine.. Nature 546, 676-680.
- (2017). A p53-dependent response limits the viability of mammalian haploid cells.. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 114, 9367-9372.
- (2017). Cdk4 regulates adult neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation in response to insulin-IRS2 signals.. Stem Cells 35, 2403-2416.
- (2016). A knockin mouse model for human ATP4aR703C mutation identified in familial gastric neuroendocrine tumors recapitulates the premalignant condition of the human disease and suggests new therapeutic strategies.. Dis Model Mech 9, 975-984.
- (2016). A Genome-wide CRISPR Screen Identifies CDC25A as a Determinant of Sensitivity to ATR Inhibitors.. Mol Cell 62, 307-313.
- (2016). Chronic pancreatitis and lipomatosis are associated with defective function of ciliary genes in pancreatic ductal cells.. Hum Mol Genet 25, 5017-5026.
- (2016). Generation of mice with longer and better preserved telomeres in the absence of genetic manipulations.. Nat Communications 7, 11739.
- (2016). A short G1 phase imposes constitutive replication stress and fork remodelling in mouse embryonic stem cells.. Nat Communications 7, 10660.
- (2016). Vegfr3-CreER T2 mouse, a new genetic tool for targeting the lymphatic system.. ANGIOGENESIS 19, 433-445.
- (2016). Lymph Node Transplantation Decreases Swelling and Restores Immune Responses in a Transgenic Model of Lymphedema.. PLoS ONE 11, e0168259.
- (2016). Diphtheria toxin-mediated ablation of lymphatic endothelial cells results in progressive lymphedema.. JCI Insight 1, e84095.
- (2015). Deregulated expression of Cdc6 in the skin facilitates papilloma formation and affects the hair growth cycle.. Cell Cycle 14, 3897-3907.
- (2015). Functional reprogramming of polyploidization in megakaryocytes.. Dev Cell 32, 155-167.
- (2015). CDK2 regulates nuclear envelope protein dynamics and telomere attachment in mouse meiotic prophase.. J Cell Sci 128, 88-99.
- (2015). Nonvenous origin of dermal lymphatic vasculature.. Circ Res 116, 1649-1654.
- (2015). cKit Lineage Hemogenic Endothelium-Derived Cells Contribute to Mesenteric Lymphatic Vessels.. Cell Reports (in press).
- (2015). Hypoxia induces pluripotency in primordial germ cells by HIF1a stabilization and Oct4 deregulation.. Antioxid Redox Sign 22, 205-223.
- (2014). Lineage-restricted function of the pluripotency factor NANOG in stratified epithelia.. Nat Communications 5, 4226.
- (2014). CCBE1 enhances lymphangiogenesis via A disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin motifs-3-mediated vascular endothelial growth factor-C activation.. Circulation 129, 1962-1971.
- (2014). Lymph node transplantation results in spontaneous lymphatic reconnection and restoration of lymphatic flow.. Plast Reconstr Surg 133, 301-310.
- (2014). SIRT1 is necessary for proficient telomere elongation and genomic stability of induced pluripotent stem cells.. Stem Cell Reports 2, 690-706.
- (2013). Reprogramming in vivo produces teratomas and iPS cells with totipotency features.. Nature 502, 340-345.
- (2013). The meiotic nuclear lamina regulates chromosome dynamics and promotes efficient homologous recombination in the mouse.. PLoS Genet 9, e1003261.
- (2013). TRF1 is a stem cell marker and is essential for the generation of induced pluripotent stem cells.. Nat Communications 4, 1946.