CNIO Artistic Residences is an initiative born from the same fundamental principle as CNIO Arte: both science and art are essential to understand and interpret the world, and both can inspire each other. With the aim of fostering artistic and scientific talent and promoting interdisciplinary cooperation, CNIO Artististic Residences is opening a call for the election of a young or mid-career artist for a 6-month stay at the CNIO. The selected artist will have the opportunity to know the centre, its facilities and research lines, and be in contact with its research staff with the aim of finding points of convergence, common interests and new avenues of inspiration. This common work will end in the creation of one or more works by the artist. These creations will be exhibited at the CNIO,and at all events and/or institutions collaborating in the dissemination of the project. The artworks may be offered for sale and, if sold, the profits obtained will be used entirely to fund CNIO research.
- Publication of the terms and conditions: 1st August 2022
- Deadline for applications: 31st October 2022
- Publication of the selected artist: 16th January 2023
- Period of acceptance of the decision: 7 working days from the publication of the selected artist (until 24th January 2023)
- Starting of the residency: 1st March 2023
- End of the residency and start of the exhibition of the artistic creations: 31st August 2023