- Bárbara Martínez
- Yurena Vivas
- Lucía de Prado
- Nerea Deleyto
- Ana Belén Plata
- Elena Sánchez
- Alba Sanz
In the Metabolism and Cell Signalling Lab we study the links between nutrients, cancer, and ageing. All cells integrate signals emanating from the abundance of intracellular nutrients and from the nutritional state of the entire organism. Integration of these signals is key for adjusting metabolic functions, energy storage and expenditure; and, importantly, the components of these signalling cascades are generally corrupted in cancer and are drivers of the metabolic complications of chronic nutrient overload. Conversely, dietary restriction regimes are extremely efficacious interventions against tumorigenesis and to delay the process of ageing, albeit we still ignore the fundamental molecular underpinnings of such protective effects. In the lab, we combine mouse genetics and cell biological tools to gain insight into the genetic and environmental corruptions of nutrient signalling cascades, aiming to conceive therapeutic interventions in the context of cancer, obesity and the process of ageing.
- (2021). Limited survival and impaired hepatic fasting metabolism in mice with constitutive Rag GTPase signaling. Nat Commun 12, 3660. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2021). Cyclin D3 drives inertial cell cycling in dark zone germinal center B cells. J Exp Med 218, e20201699. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Assessing kinetics and recruitment of DNA repair factors using high content screens. Cell Reports 37, 110176. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Inhibition of Rag GTPase signaling in mice suppresses B cell responses and lymphomagenesis with minimal detrimental trade-offs.. Cell Reports 36, 109372. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). The mTOR-Autophagy Axis and the Control of Metabolism. Front Cell Dev Biol 9, 655731. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Harnessing DNA for nanothermometry. J BIOPHOTONICS 14, e202000341. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). From mouse genetics to targeting the Rag GTPase pathway. Molecular Cellular Oncology 8, 1979370. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Protocol for the assessment of mTOR activity in mouse primary hepatocytes. Star Protocols 2, 100918. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). A spotlight on cancer researchers in Spain: new paradigms and disruptive ideas. Clin Transl Oncol 22, 798-801. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Harnessing DNA for nanothermometry. J BIOPHOTONICS (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Universal guidelines for the conversion of proteins and dyes into functional nanothermometers.. J BIOPHOTONICS 12, e201900044. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). A spotlight on cancer researchers in Spain: new paradigms and disruptive ideas. Clin Transl Oncol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Oncogenic Rag GTPase signaling enhances B cell activation and drives folicular lymphoma sensitive to pharmacological inhibition of mTOR.. Nat Metabolism 1, 775-789. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). mTORC1-dependent AMD1 regulation sustains polyamine metabolism in prostate cancer. Nature 547, 109-113. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Germinal Center Selection and Affinity Maturation Require Dynamic Regulation of mTORC1 Kinase. Immunity 46, 1045-1058. CNIO Publication.