- Jesús Gómez
- Manuel Pérez
Optical microscopy has traditionally been an indispensable tool in cell biology studies. In fact, one of the main challenges in oncology research is the study of specific markers, expression patterns or individual cells in the tumour environment.
The Confocal Microscopy Unit provides CNIO’s Research Groups with all the standard methodologies as well as the latest advances in microscopy, offering access to state-of-the-art equipment and software packages related to confocal microscopy, including technical and scientific advice and support to CNIO scientists. The Unit is actively involved in developing, testing and implementing new microscopy technologies, tools and imaging applications that could be of interest to the Research Groups at the CNIO. Training activities are also an essential component of our mission.
- (2021). Telomerase therapy attenuates cardiotoxic effects of doxorubicin.. Mol Ther 29, 1395-1410. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Bio-Guided Isolation of Acetogenins from Annona cherimola Deciduous Leaves: Production of Nanocarriers to Boost the Bioavailability Properties. Molecules 25, 4861. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Screening protocol for the identification of modulators by immunofluorescent cell-based assay. Chem Biol Drug Des 95, 66-78. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Harmine and Piperlongumine Revert TRIB2-Mediated Drug Resistance. Cancers 12, 3689. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Lack of adaptation to centriolar defects leads to p53-independent microcephaly in the absence of Cep135. bioRxiv (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Urothelial organoids originating from Cd49fhigh mouse stem cells display Notch-dependent differentiation capacity. Nat Commun 10, 4407. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Fra-2-expressing macrophages promote lung fibrosis in mice. J Clin Invest 129, 3293-3309. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Lymphatic vessels interact dynamically with the hair follicle stem cell niche during skin regeneration in vivo. EMBO J 38, e101688. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Role of bulge epidermal stem cells and TSLP signaling in psoriasis. EMBO Mol Med 11, e10697. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). p62/SQSTM1 Fuels Melanoma Progression by Opposing mRNA Decay of a Selective Set of Pro-metastatic Factors.. Cancer Cell 35, 46-63. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Lysosomal trapping of palbociclib and its functional implications. Oncogene 38, 3886-3902. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). High-Throughput Image-Based Screening to Identify Chemical Compounds Capable of Activating FOXO. Methods Mol Biol 1890, 151-161. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Safety of Whole-Body Abrogation of the TRF1 Shelterin Protein in Wild-Type and Cancer-Prone Mouse Models.. iScience 19, 572-585. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). HCS Methodology for Helping in Lab Scale Image-Based Assays.. Methods Mol Biol 2040, 331-356. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Transcriptional regulation by NR5A2 links differentiation and inflammation in the pancreas. Nature 554, 533-537. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). TERRA recruitment of polycomb to telomeres is essential for histone trymethylation marks at telomeric heterochromatin. Nat Commun 9, 1548. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). STAT3 labels a subpopulation of reactive astrocytes required for brain metastasis. Nat Med 24, 1024-1035. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). c-Myc downregulation is required for preacinar to acinar maturation and pancreatic homeostasis. Gut 67, 707-718. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Systems analysis identifies melanoma-enriched pro-oncogenic networks controlled by the RNA binding protein CELF1. Nat Commun 8, 2249. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). In Vivo DNA Re-replication Elicits Lethal Tissue Dysplasias. Cell Reports 19, 928-938. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). CHL1 hypermethylation as a potential biomarker of poor prognosis in breast cancer. Oncotarget 8, 861-870. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Application of standard cell cultures and 3D in vitro tissue models as an effective tool in drug design and development.. Pharmacol Rep 69, 861-870. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine.. Nature 546, 676-680. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Inhibition of Trf1 telomere protein impairs tumor initiation and progression in glioblastoma multiform mouse models and patient-derived xenografts.. Cancer Cell 32, 590-607. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Common Telomere Changes during In Vivo Reprogramming and Early Stages of Tumorigenesis. Stem Cell Reports 8, 460-475. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Regulation of OGT by URI in Response to Glucose Confers c-MYC-Dependent Survival Mechanisms.. Cancer Cell 30, 290-307. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Lineage-specific roles of the cytoplasmic polyadenylation factor CPEB4 in the regulation of melanoma drivers. Nat Commun 7, 13418. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Activation of the orphan receptor GPR55 by lysophosphatidylinositol promotes metastasis in triple-negative breast cancer.. Oncotarget 7, 47565-47575. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Clathrin regulates lymphocyte migration by driving actin accumulation at the cellular leading edge.. Eur J Immunol 46, 2376-2387. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Monitoring vascular normalization induced by antiangiogenic treatment with (18)F-fluoromisonidazole-PET. Mol Oncol 10, 1704-1718. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Germline missense pathogenic variants in the BRCA1 BRCT domain, p.Gly1706Glu and p.Ala1708Glu, increase cellular sensitivity to PARP inhibitor Olaparib by a dominant negative effect.. Hum Mol Genet 25, 5287-5299. CNIO Publication.