- Jesús Gómez
- Manuel Pérez
Optical microscopy has traditionally been an indispensable tool in cell biology studies. In fact, one of the main challenges in oncology research is the study of specific markers, expression patterns or individual cells in the tumour environment.
The Confocal Microscopy Unit provides CNIO’s Research Groups with all the standard methodologies as well as the latest advances in microscopy, offering access to state-of-the-art equipment and software packages related to confocal microscopy, including technical and scientific advice and support to CNIO scientists. The Unit is actively involved in developing, testing, and implementing new microscopy technologies, tools and imaging applications that could be of interest to CNIO Research Groups. Training activities are also an essential component of our mission.
- (2021). Telomerase therapy attenuates cardiotoxic effects of doxorubicin.. Mol Ther 29, 1395-1410. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). NKG2D-CAR-transduced natural killer cells efficiently target multiple myeloma. Blood Cancer J 11, 146. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Screening health-promoting compounds for their capacity to induce the activity of FOXO3. J Gerontol A-Biol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Natural killer cells efficiently target multiple myeloma clonogenic tumor cells. Cancer Immunol Immun 70, 2911-2924. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Analysis of Telomere Maintenance Related Genes Reveals NOP10 as a New Metastatic-Risk Marker in Pheochromocytoma/Paraganglioma. Cancers 13, 4758. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Inactivation of EMILIN-1 by Proteolysis and Secretion in Small Extracellular Vesicles Favors Melanoma Progression and Metastasis. Int J Mol Sci 22, 7406. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Deficient adaptation to centrosome duplication defects in neural progenitors causes microcephaly and subcortical heterotopias. JCI Insight 6, 146364. Publication in other institutions.
- (2020). Harmine and Piperlongumine Revert TRIB2-Mediated Drug Resistance. Cancers 12, 3689. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). PDS5 proteins are required for proper cohesin dynamics and participate in replication fork protection. J Biol Chem 295, 146-157. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). Bio-Guided Isolation of Acetogenins from Annona cherimola Deciduous Leaves: Production of Nanocarriers to Boost the Bioavailability Properties. Molecules 25, 4861. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Screening protocol for the identification of modulators by immunofluorescent cell-based assay. Chem Biol Drug Des 95, 66-78. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Lack of adaptation to centriolar defects leads to p53-independent microcephaly in the absence of Cep135. bioRxiv (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). p62/SQSTM1 Fuels Melanoma Progression by Opposing mRNA Decay of a Selective Set of Pro-metastatic Factors.. Cancer Cell 35, 46-63. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Urothelial organoids originating from Cd49fhigh mouse stem cells display Notch-dependent differentiation capacity. Nat Commun 10, 4407. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Fra-2-expressing macrophages promote lung fibrosis in mice. J Clin Invest 129, 3293-3309. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Lymphatic vessels interact dynamically with the hair follicle stem cell niche during skin regeneration in vivo. EMBO J 38, e101688. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Role of bulge epidermal stem cells and TSLP signaling in psoriasis. EMBO Mol Med 11, e10697. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Lysosomal trapping of palbociclib and its functional implications. Oncogene 38, 3886-3902. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). High-Throughput Image-Based Screening to Identify Chemical Compounds Capable of Activating FOXO. Methods Mol Biol 1890, 151-161. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Safety of Whole-Body Abrogation of the TRF1 Shelterin Protein in Wild-Type and Cancer-Prone Mouse Models.. iScience 19, 572-585. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). HCS Methodology for Helping in Lab Scale Image-Based Assays.. Methods Mol Biol 2040, 331-356. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Transcriptional regulation by NR5A2 links differentiation and inflammation in the pancreas. Nature 554, 533-537. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). STAT3 labels a subpopulation of reactive astrocytes required for brain metastasis. Nat Med 24, 1024-1035. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). c-Myc downregulation is required for preacinar to acinar maturation and pancreatic homeostasis. Gut 67, 707-718. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). TERRA recruitment of polycomb to telomeres is essential for histone trymethylation marks at telomeric heterochromatin. Nat Commun 9, 1548. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine. Nature 546, 676-680. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Inhibition of Trf1 telomere protein impairs tumor initiation and progression in glioblastoma multiform mouse models and patient-derived xenografts. Cancer Cell 32, 590-607. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Systems analysis identifies melanoma-enriched pro-oncogenic networks controlled by the RNA binding protein CELF1. Nat Commun 8, 2249. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Common Telomere Changes during In Vivo Reprogramming and Early Stages of Tumorigenesis. Stem Cell Reports 8, 460-475. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). In Vivo DNA Re-replication Elicits Lethal Tissue Dysplasias. Cell Reports 19, 928-938. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). CHL1 hypermethylation as a potential biomarker of poor prognosis in breast cancer. Oncotarget 8, 861-870. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Application of standard cell cultures and 3D in vitro tissue models as an effective tool in drug design and development. Pharmacol Rep 69, 861-870. CNIO Publication.