- Clara María Santiveri
This Unit focuses on the technical and scientific management of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopy and molecular biophysics instrumentation available at the Structural Biology Programme. It provides CNIO researchers with equipment and experimental support for a variety of techniques used for biophysical studies of molecules involved in cancer. This includes the application of NMR to the in vitro characterisation of the structure and dynamics of biomolecules (proteins in particular). Together with NMR, diverse biophysical techniques are used to study the affinity and kinetics of the interactions of proteins with other biopolymers, as well as with small molecules that could represent initial hits in the drug discovery process or research compounds for biophysical and functional studies. Furthermore, we use NMR to characterise the metabolic profiles of biofluids, cell growth media, and cell and tissue extracts from both animal models of cancer and human samples.
- (2017). Structural basis for interdomain communication in SHIP2 providing high phosphatase activity. Elife 6, e26640. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Liver carcinogenesis by FOS-dependent inflammation and cholesterol dysregulation. J Exp Med 214, 1387-1409. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Discovery of first-in-class reversible dual small molecule inhibitors against G9a and DNMTs in hematological malignancies. Nat Commun 8, 15424. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). The structure of transcription termination factor Nrd1 reveals an original mode for GUAA recognition. Nucleic Acids Res 45, 10293-10305. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Regulation of OGT by URI in Response to Glucose Confers c-MYC-Dependent Survival Mechanisms.. Cancer Cell 30, 290-307. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Mechanism of sulfur transfer across protein-protein interfaces: The cysteine desulfurase model system.. ACS Catal 6, 3975-3984. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Stabilization of i-motif structures by 2′-ß-fluorination of DNA. Nucleic Acids Res 44, 4998-5009. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). p21Cip1 plays a critical role in the physiological adaptation to fasting through activation of PPARa. Sci Rep 6, 34542. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Conformational Selection and Induced Fit Mechanisms in the Binding of an Anticancer Drug to the c-Src Kinase. Sci Rep 6, 24439. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Combined Use of Oligopeptides, Fragment Libraries, and Natural Compounds: A Comprehensive Approach To Sample the Druggability of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor.. ChemMedChem 11, 928-939. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Nanomaterials-protein interactions: the case of pristine and functionalized carbon nanotubes and porcine gastric mucin.. J Nanopart Res 18, 84. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Alternative activation mechanisms of Protein Kinase B trigger distinct downstream signaling responses.. J Biol Chem 290, 24975-24985. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). AMPK and PFKFB3 mediate glycolysis and survival in response to mitophagy during mitotic arrest.. Nat Cell Biol 17, 1304-1316. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). MYC/PGC-1a Balance Determines the Metabolic Phenotype and Plasticity of Pancreatic Cancer Stem Cells.. Cell Metab 22, 590-605. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). The N-terminal domain of MuB protein has striking structural similarity to DNA-binding domains and mediates MuB filament-filament interactions.. J Struct Biol 191, 100-111. CNIO Publication.