This Unit focuses on the technical and scientific management of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy and molecular biophysics instrumentation available through the Structural Biology Programme. It provides CNIO researchers with equipment and experimental support for biophysical techniques used in studies of molecules involved in cancer. This includes the in vitro characterisation of i) the structure and dynamics of proteins using NMR and ii) the affinity and kinetics of protein interactions with other biopolymers and small molecules that could represent initial hits in drug discovery or research compounds for biophysical and functional studies. Furthermore, we use NMR to screen libraries of fluorinated fragments against macromolecular targets and to characterise the metabolic profiles of biofluids, cell growth media, and cell and tissue extracts from both animal models of cancer and human samples. The Unit is also endowed with a state-of-the-art, multiple-well microplate reader equipped with diverse detectors (absorbance; intensity, polarisation and time-resolved fluorescence; luminescence; and AlphaScreen) for in-solution and adherent cells measurements.
Técnicos de Laboratorio
- Clara María Santiveri
- (2022). Histone acetylation of bile acid transporter genes plays a critical role in cirrhosis. J Hepatol 76, 850-861. Publicación CNIO.
- (2022). Structure of the RAF1-HSP90-CDC37 complex reveals the basis of RAF1 regulation. Mol Cell 82, 3438-3452. Publicación CNIO.
- (2022). The MASTL/PP2A cell cycle kinase-phosphatase module restrains PI3K-Akt activity in an mTORC1-dependent manner. EMBO J (in press). Publicación CNIO.
- (2022). Structural basis of Nrd1-Nab3 heterodimerization. Life Sci Alliance 5, e202101252. Publicación CNIO.
- (2022). Development of anti-membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase nanobodies as immunoPET probes for triple negative breast cancer imaging. Front Med 24, 1058455. Publicación CNIO. Open Access
- (2021). Limited survival and impaired hepatic fasting metabolism in mice with constitutive Rag GTPase signaling. Nat Commun 12, 3660. Publicación CNIO. Open Access
- (2021). Urine NMR-based TB metabolic fingerprinting for the diagnosis of TB in children.. Sci Rep 11, 12006-12017. Publicación CNIO.
- (2020). Discovery and validation of an NMR-based metabolomic profile in urine as TB biomarker. Sci Rep 10, 22317. Publicación CNIO.