- Hugo Bernard
- Eunjeong Kim
- Almudena Chaves
- Sergio De la Rosa
- Amanda Garrido
- Tatiana Paulina Grazioso
- Irene Herranz
- Ana Isaura Teijeiro
Our laboratory devotes effort to understand the molecular mechanisms linking environmental stresses to disease pathogenesis. Research in the last decade has focused mainly on understanding the functions and roles of newly discovered mutated genes in the development of cancer and associated disorders. However, the exposure to environmental factors, through the regulation and expression of virulent eukaryotic proteins, has often been an ignored permanent challenge for an organism.
Based on the integration of experimental mouse models, combined with the use of state-of-the art technologies and human data, we aim to provide a comprehensive study for a rational approach towards the development of novel mechanism-based therapies to prevent and treat diseases.
- (2019). Platelet GPIba is a mediator and potential interventional target for NASH and subsequent liver cancer. Nat Med 25, 641-655.
- (2019). URI is required to maintain intestinal architecture during ionizing radiation.. Science 364, pii: eaaq1165.
- (2018). mTORC1 inactivation promotes colitis-induced colorectal cancer. Cell Metab 27, 118-135.
- (2018). Myeloid p38a signaling promotes intestinal IGF-1 production and inflammation-associated tumorigenesis. EMBO Mol Med 10, e8403.
- (2017). Hepatocellular Carcinomas Originate Predominantly from Hepatocytes and Benign Lesions from Hepatic Progenitor Cells. Cell Reports 19, 584-600.
- (2017). NAD+ deficits in age-related diseases and cancer.. Trends in Cancer 3, 593-610.
- (2017). Nicotinamide riboside or IL-17A signaling blockers to prevent liver disorders.. Oncoscience 4, 1-2.
- (2016). Regulation of OGT by URI in Response to Glucose Confers c-MYC-Dependent Survival Mechanisms.. Cancer Cell 30, 290-307.
- (2016). Metabolic Inflammation-Associated IL-17A Causes Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis and Hepatocellular Carcinoma.. Cancer Cell 30, 161-175.
- (2016). Adaptive survival mechanism to glucose restrictions.. Oncoscience 3, 302-303.
- (2016). Transport to Rhebpress activity.. SMALL GTPASES 7, 12-15.
- (2015). Alternative activation mechanisms of Protein Kinase B trigger distinct downstream signaling responses.. J Biol Chem 290, 24975-24985.
- (2015). MCRS1 binds and couples Rheb to amino acid-dependent mTORC1 activation.. Dev Cell 33, 1-81.
- (2015). Boosting NAD+ for the Prevention and Treatment of Liver Cancer.. MOLECULAR & CELLULAR ONCOLOGY 2, e1001199.
- (2015). [14C]-Tryptophan Metabolic Tracing in Liver Cancer Cells.. Bioprotocol (in press).
- (2015). Oncogene-induced NAD+ depletion in tumorigenesis.. Oncoscience 2, 318-319.
- (2014). Inhibition of De Novo NAD+ Synthesis by Oncogenic URI Causes Liver Tumorigenesis through DNA Damage.. Cancer Cell 26, 826-839.
- (2013). Analysis of URI Nuclear Interaction with RPB5 and Components of the R2TP/Prefoldin-Like Complex.. PLoS ONE 8, e63879.