- Albert Harguindey
- Eunjeong Kim
- Sergio De la Rosa
- Rosa Gallo
- Amanda Garrido
- Irene Herranz
- María del Mar Rigual
- Paula Sánchez
- Karla Santos
Research in the last decade has focused mainly on understanding the functions and roles of newly discovered mutated genes in the development of cancer and associated diseases. With this focus, less attention has been paid to environmental factors leading to the expression of virulent eukaryotic proteins or tissue damage that also present a permanent challenge for an organism. How environmental factors can alter the host’s eukaryotic epithelial cells to cause various pathologies, potentially progressing to cancer, remains largely unknown. The identification of likely causal links between environmental stresses and diseases progressing to cancer will help to elucidate mechanisms of diseases and to identify, and functionally validate, targets with preventive and therapeutic values to treat frequent lethal human disorders with increased worldwide incidence and unmet medical needs.
- (2021). NASH limits anti-tumour surveillance in immunotherapy-treated HCC. Nature 592, 450-456. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Inhibition of the IL-17A axis in adipocytes suppresses diet-induced obesity and metabolic disorders in mice. Nat Metabolism 3, 496-512. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Interleukin-17A Serves a Priming Role in Autoimmunity by Recruiting IL-1ß-Producing Myeloid Cells that Promote Pathogenic T Cells. Immunity 52, 342-356. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Cirrhosis: A Questioned Risk Factor for Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Trends in Cancer 7, 29-36. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Coxsackievirus B Type 4 Infection in ß Cells Downregulates the Chaperone Prefoldin URI to Induce a MODY4-like Diabetes via Pdx1 Silencing. Cell Rep Med 1, 100125. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Diet, Microbiota, and Colorectal Cancer. iScience 21, 168-187. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). URI is required to maintain intestinal architecture during ionizing radiation.. Science 364, pii: eaaq1165. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Platelet GPIba is a mediator and potential interventional target for NASH and subsequent liver cancer. Nat Med 25, 641-655. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). mTORC1 inactivation promotes colitis-induced colorectal cancer. Cell Metab 27, 118-135. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Myeloid p38a signaling promotes intestinal IGF-1 production and inflammation-associated tumorigenesis. EMBO Mol Med 10, e8403. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Hepatocellular Carcinomas Originate Predominantly from Hepatocytes and Benign Lesions from Hepatic Progenitor Cells. Cell Reports 19, 584-600. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). NAD+ deficits in age-related diseases and cancer.. Trends in Cancer 3, 593-610. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Nicotinamide riboside or IL-17A signaling blockers to prevent liver disorders. Oncoscience 4, 1-2. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Regulation of OGT by URI in Response to Glucose Confers c-MYC-Dependent Survival Mechanisms.. Cancer Cell 30, 290-307. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Metabolic Inflammation-Associated IL-17A Causes Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis and Hepatocellular Carcinoma.. Cancer Cell 30, 161-175. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Adaptive survival mechanism to glucose restrictions.. Oncoscience 3, 302-303. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Transport to Rhebpress activity.. SMALL GTPASES 7, 12-15. CNIO Publication.