- Hugo Bernard
- Eunjeong Kim
- Sergio De la Rosa
- Amanda Garrido
- Tatiana Paulina Grazioso
- Irene Herranz
- María del Mar Rigual
- Ana Isaura Teijeiro
Our laboratory devotes effort to understand the molecular mechanisms linking environmental stresses to disease pathogenesis. Research in the last decade has focused mainly on understanding the functions and roles of newly discovered mutated genes in the development of cancer and associated disorders. However, the exposure to environmental factors, through the regulation and expression of virulent eukaryotic proteins, has often been an ignored permanent challenge for an organism.
Based on the integration of experimental mouse models, combined with the use of state-of-the art technologies and human data, we aim to provide a comprehensive study for a rational approach towards the development of novel mechanism-based therapies to prevent and treat diseases.
- (2019). URI is required to maintain intestinal architecture during ionizing radiation.. Science 364, pii: eaaq1165. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Platelet GPIba is a mediator and potential interventional target for NASH and subsequent liver cancer. Nat Med 25, 641-655. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). mTORC1 inactivation promotes colitis-induced colorectal cancer. Cell Metab 27, 118-135. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Myeloid p38a signaling promotes intestinal IGF-1 production and inflammation-associated tumorigenesis. EMBO Mol Med 10, e8403. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Hepatocellular Carcinomas Originate Predominantly from Hepatocytes and Benign Lesions from Hepatic Progenitor Cells. Cell Reports 19, 584-600. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). NAD+ deficits in age-related diseases and cancer.. Trends in Cancer 3, 593-610. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Nicotinamide riboside or IL-17A signaling blockers to prevent liver disorders.. Oncoscience 4, 1-2. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Regulation of OGT by URI in Response to Glucose Confers c-MYC-Dependent Survival Mechanisms.. Cancer Cell 30, 290-307. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Metabolic Inflammation-Associated IL-17A Causes Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis and Hepatocellular Carcinoma.. Cancer Cell 30, 161-175. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Adaptive survival mechanism to glucose restrictions.. Oncoscience 3, 302-303. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Transport to Rhebpress activity.. SMALL GTPASES 7, 12-15. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Alternative activation mechanisms of Protein Kinase B trigger distinct downstream signaling responses.. J Biol Chem 290, 24975-24985. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). MCRS1 binds and couples Rheb to amino acid-dependent mTORC1 activation.. Dev Cell 33, 1-81. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Boosting NAD+ for the Prevention and Treatment of Liver Cancer.. MOLECULAR & CELLULAR ONCOLOGY 2, e1001199. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). [14C]-Tryptophan Metabolic Tracing in Liver Cancer Cells.. Bioprotocol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Oncogene-induced NAD+ depletion in tumorigenesis.. Oncoscience 2, 318-319. CNIO Publication.
- (2014). Inhibition of De Novo NAD+ Synthesis by Oncogenic URI Causes Liver Tumorigenesis through DNA Damage.. Cancer Cell 26, 826-839. CNIO Publication.
- (2013). Analysis of URI Nuclear Interaction with RPB5 and Components of the R2TP/Prefoldin-Like Complex.. PLoS ONE 8, e63879. CNIO Publication.