- Fernando García
- Julia Isabel Morales
- Jana Sánchez
- Cristina Sayago
- Maria Pilar Ximénez de Embún
- Eduardo Zarzuela
Proteins act as the molecular effectors of cells and catalyse virtually all biological processes. In this regard, proteomics aims to characterise the complete repertoire of proteins to better understand how cells function at the molecular level. Global analysis of proteins is challenging, owing to their high complexity (>12,000 genes transcriptionally active in mammalian cells) and high dynamic range (9 orders of magnitude between high- and low-expressed proteins).
Furthermore, proteins are post-translationally modified (e.g. phosphorylation) and interact with each other to form complexes ; both processes are highly divergent in time and space. To tackle these analytical challenges, proteomics uses a combination of sample preparation, mass spectrometry (MS) and bioinformatics. The CNIO Proteomics Core Unit provides MS-based proteomics methodologies to research groups in order to better understand, at the proteome level, the underlying molecular basis of cancer.
- (2020). Atherosclerotic pre-conditioning affects the paracrine role of circulating angiogenic cells ex-vivo.. Int J Mol Sci 21, 5256. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Platelet factor 4 is a biomarker for lymphatic-promoted disorders.. JCI Insight 5, e135109. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Frequent mutations in the amino-terminal domain of BCL7A impair its tumor suppressor role in DLBCL.. Leukemia 34, 2722-2735. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Induction of Lysosome Membrane Permeabilization as a Therapeutic Strategy to Target Pancreatic Cancer Stem Cells. Cancers 12, 1790. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). Midkine rewires the melanoma microenvironment toward a tolerogenic and immune-resistant state. Nat Med 26, 1865-1877. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Global hyperactivation of enhancers stabilizes human and mouse naive pluripotency through inhibition of CDK8/19 Mediator kinases. Nat Cell Biol 22, 1223-1238. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). p62/SQSTM1 Fuels Melanoma Progression by Opposing mRNA Decay of a Selective Set of Pro-metastatic Factors. Cancer Cell 35, 46-63. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Use of extracellular vesicles from lymphatic drainage as surrogate markers of melanoma progression and BRAF V600E mutation. J Exp Med 216, 1061-1070. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Evolution of Yin and Yang isoforms of a chromatin remodeling subunit precedes the creation of two genes.. Elife 8, e48119. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Small Extracellular Vesicles Are Key Regulators of Non-cell Autonomous Intercellular Communication in Senescence via the Interferon Protein IFITM3.. Cell Reports 27, 3956-3971. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). p62/SQSTM1 Fuels Melanoma Progression by Opposing mRNA Decay of a Selective Set of Pro-metastatic Factors.. Cancer Cell 35, 46-63. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Proteotyping pluripotency with mass spectrometry. Expert Rev Proteomic 16, 391-400. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). In vivo phosphoproteomics reveals kinase activity profiles that predict treatment outcome in triple-negative breast cancer. Nat Commun 9, 3501. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). In-Depth Proteomic Characterization of Classical and Non-Classical Monocyte Subsets. Proteomes 6, E8. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Thrombocytopenia-associated mutations in Ser/Thr kinase MASTL deregulate actin cytoskeleton dynamics in platelets. J Clin Invest 128, 5351-5367. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). The RNA Polymerase II Factor RPAP1 Is Critical for Mediator-Driven Transcription and Cell Identity. Cell Reports 22, 396-410. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). STAT3 labels a subpopulation of reactive astrocytes required for brain metastasis. Nat Med 24, 1024-1035. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine.. Nature 546, 676-680. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). mTORC1-dependent AMD1 regulation sustains polyamine metabolism in prostate cancer.. Nature 547, 109-113. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). The molecular pathogenesis of the NUP98-HOXA9 fusion protein in acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia 31, 2000-2005. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Urea Artifacts Interfere with Immuno-Purification of Lysine Acetylation.. J Proteome Res 16, 1061-1068. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). A multicentric study to evaluate the use of relative retention times in targeted proteomics.. J Proteomics 152, 138-149. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). USP7 is a SUMO deubiquitinase essential for DNA replication.. Nat Struct Mol Biol 23, 270-277. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Targeting Tumor Mitochondrial Metabolism Overcomes Resistance to Antiangiogenics. Cell Reports 15, 2705-2718. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). On the Statistical Significance of Compressed Ratios in Isobaric Labeling: A Cross-Platform Comparison.. J Proteome Res 15, 3029-3038. CNIO Publication.