The Crystallography and Protein Engineering Unit is a core facility that provides on-demand services at different levels, from the cloning, expression and purification of proteins to the determination of their 3D structures, with the purpose to fulfil the demands of our users and to understand the function of their protein targets. Thus, we produce proteins for different types of biochemical/biophysical/in vitro/in vivo assays, antibody generation, and structural determination at low resolution by small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) or at atomic resolution by X-ray crystallography. The latter includes protein co-crystallisation in the presence of inhibitors or small fragments, a method that we routinely combine with the quantification of protein thermal stability (thermofluor assay) to aid the drug discovery process.
- Yudhi Nugraha
- Pilar Redondo
- (2022). Small molecule MMRi62 targets MDM4 for degradation and induces leukemic cell apoptosis regardless of p53 status. Front Oncol 12, 933446. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). An Fc-free EGFR-specific 4-1BB-agonistic Trimerbody Displays Broad Antitumor Activity in Humanized Murine Cancer Models without Toxicity. Clin Cancer Res 27, 3167-3177. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Integrative structural biology of the penicillin-binding protein-1 from Staphylococcus aureus, an essential component of the divisome machinery. COMPUT STRUCT BIOTEC 19, 5392-5405. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Pyrido[2,3-b][1,5]benzoxazepin-5(6H)-one derivatives as CDK8 inhibitors.. Eur J Med Chem 201, 112443. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Structural and biochemical insights into an engineered high-redox potential laccase overproduced in Aspergillus.. Int J Biol Macromol 141, 855-866. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Molecular basis of Tousled-Like Kinase 2 activation. Nat Commun 9, 25-35. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Quorum sensing network in clinical strains of A. baumannii: AidA is a new quorum quenching enzyme.. PLoS ONE 12, e0174454. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine. Nature 546, 676-680. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). A mechanism for cancer-associated inactivation of NQO1 due to P187S and its reactivation by the consensus mutation H80R. FEBS Lett 591, 2826-2835. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Receptor-based virtual screening and biological characterization of human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (Ape1) inhibitors. ChemMedChem 7, 2168-2178. Publication in other institutions.