- Pilar Redondo
The Electron Microscopy (EM) Unit is a research laboratory as well as a central core facility. It is available to CNIO researchers and the wider research community, providing access to Transmission Electron Microscopy and supplying expertise in EM image analysis. Our Unit offers standard specimen preparation techniques for proteins, protein complexes and vesicles, data collection and data processing services that are tailored to meet the particular needs of the users. We also give training to regular users on the use of our equipment and provide further guidance regarding specimen preparation.
- Structural and mechanistic insights into mechanoactivation of focal adhesion kinase(2019)
Proc Natl Acad Sci USA (in press).
- Translation initiation of alphavirus mRNA reveals new insights into the topology of the 48S initiation complex(2018)
Nucleic Acids Res 46, 4176-4187.
- DNA and RNA binding mediate the toxicity of arginine-rich peptides encoded by C9ORF72 GGGGCC repeats(2018)
bioRxiv (in press).
- Structural insight into the core of CAD, the multifunctional protein leading de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis.(2017)
Structure 25, 912-923.
- Molecular Architecture of Full Length TRF1 Favors its Interaction with DNA.(2016)
J Biol Chem 291, 21829-21835.
- Nanomaterials-protein interactions: the case of pristine and functionalized carbon nanotubes and porcine gastric mucin.(2016)
J Nanopart Res 18, 84-.
- Molecular architecture of the recombinant human MCM2-7 helicase in complex with nucleotides and DNA.(2016)
Cell Cycle 15, 2431-2440.
- Calcium-dependent oligomerization of CAR proteins at cell membrane modulates ABA signaling.(2016)
Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 113, E396-E405.
- An RNA trapping mechanism in Alphavirus mRNA promotes ribosome stalling and translation initiation.(2016)
Nucleic Acids Res 44, 4368-4380.
- The N-terminal domain of MuB protein has striking structural similarity to DNA-binding domains and mediates MuB filament-filament interactions.(2015)
J Struct Biol 191, 100-111.
- Structure and assembly of the PI3K-like protein kinases (PIKKs) revealed by electron microscopy.(2015)
AIMS BIOPHYSICS 2, 36-57.
- Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate triggers activation of focal adhesion kinase by inducing clustering and conformational changes.(2014)
Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 111, E3177-E3186.