- Pilar Redondo
The Electron Microscopy (EM) Unit is a central core facility as well as a research laboratory. It is available to CNIO researchers and the wider research community, providing investigators with instruments and support for Transmission Electron Microscopy analysis. The Unit offers negative staining and cryo-EM specimen preparation techniques for proteins, protein complexes and vesicles. We also give training to regular users on the use of our equipment and provide further guidance regarding specimen preparation.
- (2019). Structural and mechanistic insights into mechanoactivation of focal adhesion kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 116, 6766-6774. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). DNA and RNA binding mediate the toxicity of arginine-rich peptides encoded by C9ORF72 GGGGCC repeats. bioRxiv (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Translation initiation of alphavirus mRNA reveals new insights into the topology of the 48S initiation complex. Nucleic Acids Res 46, 4176-4187. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Structural insight into the core of CAD, the multifunctional protein leading de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis.. Structure 25, 912-923. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Molecular architecture of the recombinant human MCM2-7 helicase in complex with nucleotides and DNA.. Cell Cycle 15, 2431-2440. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Calcium-dependent oligomerization of CAR proteins at cell membrane modulates ABA signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 113, E396-E405. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). An RNA trapping mechanism in Alphavirus mRNA promotes ribosome stalling and translation initiation. Nucleic Acids Res 44, 4368-4380. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Molecular Architecture of Full Length TRF1 Favors its Interaction with DNA.. J Biol Chem 291, 21829-21835. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Nanomaterials-protein interactions: the case of pristine and functionalized carbon nanotubes and porcine gastric mucin.. J Nanopart Res 18, 84. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Structure and assembly of the PI3K-like protein kinases (PIKKs) revealed by electron microscopy.. AIMS BIOPHYSICS 2, 36-57. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). The N-terminal domain of MuB protein has striking structural similarity to DNA-binding domains and mediates MuB filament-filament interactions.. J Struct Biol 191, 100-111. CNIO Publication.