- Johanne Le Coq
The main goal of the Electron Microscopy (EM) Unit is to provide scientific-technical support to CNIO researchers to solve their biological questions using various EM transmission techniques. We routinely use negative staining and cryo-EM, and we also help in image processing by performing 2D analysis and 3D reconstruction. We also offer support for selecting adequate EM techniques and performing sample preparation. Moreover, we provide the necessary training on the use of our microscopes and auxiliary equipment. More advanced studies are typically delivered through research collaboration.
- (2021). Structural basis for substrate specificity of heteromeric transporters of neutral amino acids.. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 118, e2113573118. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Horizontal transfer of the stemness-related markers EZH2 and GLI1 by neuroblastoma-derived extracellular vesicles in stromal cells. Transl Res 237, 82-97. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). A new layer of phosphoinositide-mediated allosteric regulation uncovered for SHIP2.. FASEB J 35, e21815. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Structural basis of Focal Adhesion Kinase activation on lipid membranes.. EMBO J 39, e104743. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Regulation of RUVBL1-RUVBL2 AAA-ATPases by the nonsense-mediated mRNA decay factor DHX34, as evidenced by Cryo-EM. Elife 9, e63042. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). Lack of adaptation to centriolar defects leads to p53-independent microcephaly in the absence of Cep135. bioRxiv (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Use of extracellular vesicles from lymphatic drainage as surrogate markers of melanoma progression and BRAF V600E mutation. J Exp Med 216, 1061-1070. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Structural and mechanistic insights into mechanoactivation of focal adhesion kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 116, 6766-6774. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Translation initiation of alphavirus mRNA reveals new insights into the topology of the 48S initiation complex. Nucleic Acids Res 46, 4176-4187. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). DNA and RNA binding mediate the toxicity of arginine-rich peptides encoded by C9ORF72 GGGGCC repeats. bioRxiv (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Structural insight into the core of CAD, the multifunctional protein leading de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis. Structure 25, 912-923. CNIO Publication.