- Pilar Redondo
The aim of the Electron Microscopy (EM) Unit is to help researchers to solve their biological questions using various transmission electron microscopy techniques. We have extensive knowledge in sample preparation, negative staining and cryo-electron microscopy, as well as experience in image processing, 2D analysis and 3D reconstruction. We offer guidance for selecting suitable techniques, specimen preparation and training on the use of our microscopes and support equipment. More advanced studies are usually provided through research collaboration.
- (2019). Use of extracellular vesicles from lymphatic drainage as surrogate markers of melanoma progression and BRAF V600E mutation. J Exp Med 216, 1061. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Structural and mechanistic insights into mechanoactivation of focal adhesion kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 116, 6766-6774. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). DNA and RNA binding mediate the toxicity of arginine-rich peptides encoded by C9ORF72 GGGGCC repeats. bioRxiv (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Translation initiation of alphavirus mRNA reveals new insights into the topology of the 48S initiation complex. Nucleic Acids Res 46, 4176-4187. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Structural insight into the core of CAD, the multifunctional protein leading de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis.. Structure 25, 912-923. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Molecular architecture of the recombinant human MCM2-7 helicase in complex with nucleotides and DNA.. Cell Cycle 15, 2431-2440. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Calcium-dependent oligomerization of CAR proteins at cell membrane modulates ABA signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 113, E396-E405. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). An RNA trapping mechanism in Alphavirus mRNA promotes ribosome stalling and translation initiation. Nucleic Acids Res 44, 4368-4380. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Molecular Architecture of Full Length TRF1 Favors its Interaction with DNA.. J Biol Chem 291, 21829-21835. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Nanomaterials-protein interactions: the case of pristine and functionalized carbon nanotubes and porcine gastric mucin.. J Nanopart Res 18, 84. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Structure and assembly of the PI3K-like protein kinases (PIKKs) revealed by electron microscopy.. AIMS BIOPHYSICS 2, 36-57. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). The N-terminal domain of MuB protein has striking structural similarity to DNA-binding domains and mediates MuB filament-filament interactions.. J Struct Biol 191, 100-111. CNIO Publication.