- Sara García
- Julia García
- Marina Quesada
Flow Cytometry is an indispensable tool in the oncology field. It allows multiparametric analysis for the identification, quantification and isolation of defined subpopulations of cells, based on the levels of expression of fluorescent markers and their relation to each other.
Our aim is to provide CNIO groups with technical and scientific advice regarding the use of cytometric technologies, collaborating with them in the design, acquisition, data analysis and interpretation.
We have 4 analysers and 3 high-speed cell sorters, with different configurations of lasers and detectors, to cater to all our users’ needs. We also have an automated magnetic bead separation system (AutoMACS), 2 automated cell counters and a tissue homogeniser (GentleMACS). Analysers are user-operated upon appropriate training, and cell sorters are operated by the Unit staff. Our sorters can separate up to 4- or 6- defined populations simultaneously, as well as perform single cell cloning. We can accept human samples to sort according to Biosafety regulations.
- (2018). Functional interplay between c-Myc and Max in B lymphocyte differentiation. EMBO Rep 19, e45770. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). STAT3 labels a subpopulation of reactive astrocytes required for brain metastasis. Nat Med 24, 1024-1035. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Sirt1 protects from K-Ras-driven lung carcinogenesis. EMBO Rep 19, e43879. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Liver carcinogenesis by FOS-dependent inflammation and cholesterol dysregulation. J Exp Med 214, 1387-1409. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Analysis of the advantages of cis reporters in optimized FACS-Gal. Cytom Part A 91, 721-729. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). p21Cip1 plays a critical role in the physiological adaptation to fasting through activation of PPARa. Sci Rep 6, 34542. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2015). MiR-93 Controls Adiposity via Inhibition of Sirt7 and Tbx3. Cell Reports 12, 1594-1605. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2015). Replication stress caused by low MCM expression limits fetal erythropoiesis and hematopoietic stem cell functionality. Nat Commun 6, 8548. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2015). Rmax: A systematic approach to evaluate instrument sort performance using center stream catch.. Methods 82, 64-73. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Partial Loss of Rpl11 in Adult Mice Recapitulates Diamond-Blackfan Anemia and Promotes Lymphomagenesis. Cell Reports 13, 712-722. CNIO Publication. Open Access