Técnicos de Laboratorio
- Diana Romero
The main objectives of the Molecular Diagnostics Unit (MDU) are directed towards offering quality molecular tests for patients with cancer in order to support the current clinical services and diagnostic laboratories in hospitals of the Spanish National Health System ( NHS ). In this regard, the Unit provides a wide range of highly sensitive molecular assays to determine changes in the sequence or expression levels of key genes involved in cancer, and to enable the detection of Minimal Residual Disease in patients showing clinical remission as well as to follow-up on their response to therapy. Likewise, MDU is also devoted to implementing recent up-to-date cancer diagnostics solutions, not only to support the NHS but also to assist the Clinical Research Units and Research Groups at the CNIO. In addition, MDU collaborates with international and national groups dedicated to standardising and improving molecular diagnostics tests in cancer, and participates in teaching as well as in educational programmes for clinical post-residents, undergraduate and graduate students.
- (2019). Tumor-associated macrophage-secreted 14-3-3? signals via AXL to promote pancreatic cancer chemoresistance. Oncogene (in press).
- (2015). Conversion, correction, and International Scale standardization: results From a Multicenter External Quality Assessment Study for BCR-ABL1 testing.. Arch Pathol Lab Med 139, 522-529.
- (2014). JAK2V617F monitoring in polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia: clinical usefulness for predicting myelofibrotic transformation and thrombotic events.. Am J Hematol 89, 517-523.
- (2014). An A91V SNP in the perforin gene is frequently found in NK/T-cell lymphomas.. PLoS ONE 9, e91521.
- (2014). Sky1 regulates the expression of sulfur metabolism genes in response to cisplatin.. Microbiol-Sgm 160, 1357-1368.
- (2014). Selective activity over a constitutively active RET-variant of the oral multikinase inhibitor dovitinib: Results of the CNIO-BR002 phase I-trial.. Mol Oncol 8, 1719-1728.
- (2013). Simultaneous inhibition of pan-phosphatidylinositol-3-kinases and MEK as a potential therapeutic strategy in peripheral T-cell lymphomas.. Haematologica 98, 57-64.