- Eduardo Jose Caleiras
Técnicos de Laboratorio
- María Gómez
- Patricia González
- Zaira Vega
Pathology is devoted to the study of the structural, biochemical and functional changes in cells, tissues and organs that underlie disease. By using molecular, immunological and morphological techniques, pathology aims to serve as the bridge between basic science and clinical medicine.
The Histopathology Unit offers assistance and expertise through a full range of services covering from paraffin embedding and tissue sections to histochemical stains, research and diagnostic immunohistochemistry (IHC) testing, antibody validation, and in situ hybridisation (ISH), as well as the construction of tissue microarrays. Furthermore, the Unit offers other added-value services – for which assistance is provided by a team of highly specialised technicians − such as: laser-capture microdissection; slide digitalisation for bright-field, polarisation light and fluorescence; image analysis; and quantification. The Unit collaborates with researchers at any stage of their scientific career in the histological characterisation of phenotypically relevant animal models of disease, thus providing them with the pathology expertise required for the success of their projects.
- (2019). Context-Dependent Impact of RAS Oncogene Expression on Cellular Reprogramming to Pluripotency. Stem Cell Reports (in press).
- (2018). Exome Sequencing of Plasma DNA Portrays the Mutation Landscape of Colorectal Cancer and Discovers Mutated VEGFR2 Receptors as Modulators of Antiangiogenic Therapies. Clin Cancer Res 24, 3550-3559.
- (2018). Plk1 overexpression induces chromosomal instability and suppresses tumor development. Nat Commun 9, 3012-.
- (2018). Adult Sox2+ stem cell exhaustion in mice results in cellular senescence and premature aging. Aging Cell 17, e12834-.
- (2018). A tumor-targeted trimeric 4-1BB-agonistic antibody induces potent anti-tumor immunity without systemic toxicity. Nat Commun 9, 4809-.
- (2018). Senescence promotes in vivo reprogramming through p16INK4a and IL-6. Aging Cell 17, 2-.
- (2018). Ly9 (CD229) Antibody Targeting Depletes Marginal Zone and Germinal Center B Cells in Lymphoid Tissues and Reduces Salivary Gland In?ammation in a Mouse Model of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Front Inmmunol 9, 2661-.
- (2016). Tissue damage and senescence provide critical signals for cellular reprogramming in vivo.. Science 354, pii: aaf4445.-0.
- (2016). K-Ras(V14I) -induced Noonan syndrome predisposes to tumour development in mice.. J Pathol 239, 206-217.
- (2016). Targeting MT1-MMP as an ImmunoPET-Based Strategy for Imaging Gliomas.. PLoS ONE 11, e0158634-.
- (2015). Aurora B overexpression causes aneuploidy and p21Cip1 repression during tumor development.. Mol Cell Biol 35, 3566-3578.
- (2014). Telomerase expression confers cardioprotection in the adult mouse heart after acute myocardial infarction.. Nat Communications 5, 5863-.
- (2014). Nr5a2 heterozygosity sensitises to, and cooperates with, inflammation in KRasG12V-driven pancreatic tumourigenesis.. Gut 63, 647-655.
- (2014). Jagunal homolog 1 is a critical regulator of neutrophil function in fungal host defense.. Nat Genet 46, 1028-1033.
- (2014). Elucidating sources and roles of granzymes A and B during bacterial infection and sepsis.. Cell Reports 8, 420-429.
- (2014). MMP-10 is required for efficient muscle regeneration in mouse models of injury and muscular dystrophy.. Stem Cells 32, 447-461.
- (2014). Single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) enhance KCl-, acetylcholine-, and serotonin-induced contractions and evoke oxidative stress on rabbit ileum.. Journal of Biomed Nanotechnol 10, 529-542.
- (2014). Angiogenesis and proliferation markers in adjacent cirrhotic tissue could predict hepatocellular carcinoma outcome after liver transplantation.. Eur J Gastroen Hepat 26, 871-879.
- (2014). Solitary tumours associated with Jaagsiekte retrovirus in sheep are heterogeneous and contain cells expressing markers identifying progenitor cells in lung repair.. J Comp Pathol 150, 138-147.
- (2013). Short telomeres are frequent in hereditary breast tumors and are associated with high tumor grade.. Breast Cancer Res Treat 141, 231-242.
- (2013). Conditional transgenic expression of PIM1 kinase in prostate induces inflammation-dependent neoplasia.. PLoS ONE 8, e60277-.
- (2013). Gata6 is required for complete acinar differentiation and maintenance of the exocrine pancreas in adult mice.. Gut 62, 1481-1488.
- (2013). The APC/C cofactor Cdh1 prevents replicative stress and p53-dependent cell death in neural progenitors.. Nat Communications 4, 2880-.
- (2013). Requirements for aurora-a in tissue regeneration and tumor development in adult mammals.. Cancer Res 73, 6804-6815.
- (2013). SIRT1 promotes thyroid carcinogenesis driven by PTEN deficiency.. Oncogene 32, 4052-4056.
- (2013). Influence of RET mutations on the expression of tyrosine kinases in medullary thyroid carcinoma.. Endocr-Relat Cancer 20, 611-619.
- (2013). Programmed Cell Senescence during Mammalian Embryonic Development.. Cell 155, 1104-1118.
- (2013). BCL7A protein expression in normal and malignant lymphoid tissues.. Br J Haematol 160, 106-109.