Pathology is the branch of science dedicated to the study of the structural, biochemical, and functional changes in cells, tissues, and organs that underlie disease. The Histopathology Unit offers support and expertise in a range of services from paraffin embedding and tissue sections to histochemical staining, research and diagnostic immunohistochemistry (IHC) testing, antibody validation, in situ hybridisation techniques (including mRNA in situ detection using RNAScopeÒ), and tissue microarray generation. Other value-added services offered by the Unit’s highly skilled technicians include laser capture microdissection, slide digitalisation, image analysis, and quantification. The Unit also collaborates with CNIO researchers in the histopathological characterisation of animal models of disease, providing them with the necessary expert pathological advice. Finally, the Unit offers its portfolio of services to other institutions, including hospitals, research centres and private companies.
- Eduardo Jose Caleiras
- Nuria Cabrera
- María Gómez
- Patricia González
- Steffanny Annais Mejía
- Verónica Neva
- Andrea Belén Romero
- Zaira Vega
- (2022). Genetic interaction between PLK1 and downstream MCPH proteins in the control of centrosome asymmetry and cell fate during neural progenitor division. Cell Death Differ 29, 1474-1485. CNIO Publication.
- (2022). Mitochondrial RNA methyltransferase TRMT61B is a new, potential biomarker and therapeutic target for highly aneuploid cancers. Cell Death Differ (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2022). Phosphoproteomic analysis of neoadjuvant breast cancer suggests that increased sensitivity to paclitaxel is driven by CDK4 and filamin A. Nat Commun 13, 7529. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2022). MEK inhibitor sensitivity in BRAF fusion-driven prostate cancer. Clin Transl Oncol 24, 2432-2440. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). RAF1 kinase activity is dispensable for KRAS/p53 mutant lung tumor progression.. Cancer Cell 39, 294-296. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Limited survival and impaired hepatic fasting metabolism in mice with constitutive Rag GTPase signaling. Nat Commun 12, 3660. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2021). KRAS4A induces metastatic lung adenocarcinomas in vivo in the absence of the KRAS4B isoform. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 118, e2023112118. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2021). Case report: an EGFR-targeted 4-1BB-agonistic trimerbody does not induce hepatotoxicity in transgenic mice with liver expression of human EGFR.. Front Inmmunol 11, 614363. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Randomized Phase 0/I Trial of the Mitochondrial Inhibitor ME-344 or Placebo Added to Bevacizumab in Early HER2-Negative Breast Cancer.. Clin Cancer Res 26, 35-45. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Tumor regression and resistance mechanisms upon CDK4 and RAF1 inactivation in KRAS/P53 mutant lung adenocarcinomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 117, 24415-24426. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Metabolomics, machine learning and immunohistochemistry to predict succinate dehydrogenase mutational status in phaeochromocytomas and paragangliomas. J Pathol 251, 378-387. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). PTEN expression and mutations in TSC1, TSC2 and MTOR are associated with response to rapalogs in patients with renal cell carcinoma.. Int J Cancer 146, 1435-1444. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Molecular characterization of chromophobe renal cell carcinoma reveals mTOR pathway alterations in patients with poor outcome. Mod Pathol 33, 2580-2590. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Immuno-priming durvalumab with bevacizumab in HER2-negative advanced breast cancer: a pilot clinical trial. Breast Cancer Res 22, 124. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). CD133 expression in medullary thyroid cancer cells identifies patients with poor prognosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 105, dgaa527. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). High-mobility group box (TOX) antibody a useful tool for the identification of B and T cell subpopulations. PLoS One 15, e0229743. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Identification and characterization of Cardiac Glycosides as senolytic compounds.. Nat Commun 10, 4731. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Context-Dependent Impact of RAS Oncogene Expression on Cellular Reprogramming to Pluripotency. Stem Cell Reports 12, 1099-1112. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). A tumor-targeted trimeric 4-1BB-agonistic antibody induces potent anti-tumor immunity without systemic toxicity. Nat Commun 9, 4809. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Plk1 overexpression induces chromosomal instability and suppresses tumor development. Nat Commun 9, 3012. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Exome Sequencing of Plasma DNA Portrays the Mutation Landscape of Colorectal Cancer and Discovers Mutated VEGFR2 Receptors as Modulators of Antiangiogenic Therapies. Clin Cancer Res 24, 3550-3559. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Senescence promotes in vivo reprogramming through p16INK4a and IL-6. Aging Cell 17, 2. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Ly9 (CD229) Antibody Targeting Depletes Marginal Zone and Germinal Center B Cells in Lymphoid Tissues and Reduces Salivary Gland In?ammation in a Mouse Model of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Front Inmmunol 9, 2661. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Adult Sox2+ stem cell exhaustion in mice results in cellular senescence and premature aging. Aging Cell 17, e12834. CNIO Publication. Open Access