- Eduardo Jose Caleiras
- Nuria Cabrera
- María Gómez
- Patricia González
- Verónica Neva
- Zaira Vega
Pathology is the branch of science devoted to the study of the structural, biochemical and functional changes in cells, tissues and organs underlying disease. The Histopathology Unit offers support and expertise through a full set of services ranging from paraffin embedding and tissue sections to histochemical stains, research and diagnostic immunohistochemistry (IHC) testing, antibody validation, in situ hybridisation techniques (including in situ detection of mRNAs by RNAScope), as well as the generation of tissue microarrays. Furthermore, the Unit offers other value-added services assisted by a team of highly specialised technicians, such as: laser-capture microdissection; slide digitalisation; image analysis; and quantification. The Unit collaborates with CNIO researchers in the histopathological characterisation of animal models of disease, providing them with the required pathology expertise. Also, the Unit offers its portfolio of services to other institutions, including hospitals, research centres and private companies.
- (2020). High-mobility group box (TOX) antibody a useful tool for the identification of B and T cell subpopulations. PLoS One 15, e0229743. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). Immuno-priming durvalumab with bevacizumab in HER2-negative advanced breast cancer: a pilot clinical trial. Breast Cancer Res 22, 124. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Identification and characterization of Cardiac Glycosides as senolytic compounds.. Nat Commun 10, 4731. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Context-Dependent Impact of RAS Oncogene Expression on Cellular Reprogramming to Pluripotency. Stem Cell Reports 12, 1099-1112. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Exome Sequencing of Plasma DNA Portrays the Mutation Landscape of Colorectal Cancer and Discovers Mutated VEGFR2 Receptors as Modulators of Antiangiogenic Therapies. Clin Cancer Res 24, 3550-3559. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Plk1 overexpression induces chromosomal instability and suppresses tumor development. Nat Commun 9, 3012. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). A tumor-targeted trimeric 4-1BB-agonistic antibody induces potent anti-tumor immunity without systemic toxicity. Nat Commun 9, 4809. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Adult Sox2+ stem cell exhaustion in mice results in cellular senescence and premature aging. Aging Cell 17, e12834. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Senescence promotes in vivo reprogramming through p16INK4a and IL-6. Aging Cell 17, 2. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Ly9 (CD229) Antibody Targeting Depletes Marginal Zone and Germinal Center B Cells in Lymphoid Tissues and Reduces Salivary Gland In?ammation in a Mouse Model of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Front Inmmunol 9, 2661. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Targeting MT1-MMP as an ImmunoPET-Based Strategy for Imaging Gliomas. PLoS One 11, e0158634. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). K-Ras(V14I) -induced Noonan syndrome predisposes to tumour development in mice.. J Pathol 239, 206-217. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Tissue damage and senescence provide critical signals for cellular reprogramming in vivo.. Science 354, pii: aaf4445.. CNIO Publication.