- Eduardo Jose Caleiras
- María Gómez
- Patricia González
- Zaira Vega
Pathology is devoted to the study of the structural, biochemical and functional changes in cells, tissues and organs that underlie disease. By using molecular, immunological and morphological techniques, pathology aims to serve as the bridge between basic science and clinical medicine.
The Histopathology Unit offers assistance and expertise through a full range of services covering from paraffin embedding and tissue sections to histochemical stains, research and diagnostic immunohistochemistry (IHC) testing, antibody validation, and in situ hybridisation (ISH), as well as the construction of tissue microarrays. Furthermore, the Unit offers other value added services assisted by a team of highly specialised technicians, such as laser-capture microdissection; slide digitalisation for bright-field, polarisation light and fluorescence; image analysis; and quantification. The Unit collaborates with researchers at any stage of their scientific career in the histological characterisation of phenotypically relevant animal models of disease, thus providing them with the pathology expertise required for the success of their projects.
- (2019). Context-Dependent Impact of RAS Oncogene Expression on Cellular Reprogramming to Pluripotency. Stem Cell Reports (in press). CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Exome Sequencing of Plasma DNA Portrays the Mutation Landscape of Colorectal Cancer and Discovers Mutated VEGFR2 Receptors as Modulators of Antiangiogenic Therapies. Clin Cancer Res 24, 3550-3559. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Plk1 overexpression induces chromosomal instability and suppresses tumor development. Nat Commun 9, 3012. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). A tumor-targeted trimeric 4-1BB-agonistic antibody induces potent anti-tumor immunity without systemic toxicity. Nat Commun 9, 4809. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Adult Sox2+ stem cell exhaustion in mice results in cellular senescence and premature aging. Aging Cell 17, e12834. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Senescence promotes in vivo reprogramming through p16INK4a and IL-6. Aging Cell 17, 2. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Ly9 (CD229) Antibody Targeting Depletes Marginal Zone and Germinal Center B Cells in Lymphoid Tissues and Reduces Salivary Gland In?ammation in a Mouse Model of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Front Inmmunol 9, 2661. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Targeting MT1-MMP as an ImmunoPET-Based Strategy for Imaging Gliomas.. PLoS ONE 11, e0158634. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). K-Ras(V14I) -induced Noonan syndrome predisposes to tumour development in mice.. J Pathol 239, 206-217. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Tissue damage and senescence provide critical signals for cellular reprogramming in vivo.. Science 354, pii: aaf4445.. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Aurora B overexpression causes aneuploidy and p21Cip1 repression during tumor development.. Mol Cell Biol 35, 3566-3578. CNIO Publication.
- (2014). Nr5a2 heterozygosity sensitises to, and cooperates with, inflammation in KRasG12V-driven pancreatic tumourigenesis.. Gut 63, 647-655. CNIO Publication.
- (2014). Jagunal homolog 1 is a critical regulator of neutrophil function in fungal host defense.. Nat Genet 46, 1028-1033. Publication in other institutions.
- (2014). Elucidating sources and roles of granzymes A and B during bacterial infection and sepsis.. Cell Reports 8, 420-429. Publication in other institutions.
- (2014). MMP-10 is required for efficient muscle regeneration in mouse models of injury and muscular dystrophy.. Stem Cells 32, 447-461. Publication in other institutions.
- (2014). Single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) enhance KCl-, acetylcholine-, and serotonin-induced contractions and evoke oxidative stress on rabbit ileum.. Journal of Biomed Nanotechnol 10, 529-542. Publication in other institutions.
- (2014). Angiogenesis and proliferation markers in adjacent cirrhotic tissue could predict hepatocellular carcinoma outcome after liver transplantation.. Eur J Gastroen Hepat 26, 871-879. Publication in other institutions.
- (2014). Solitary tumours associated with Jaagsiekte retrovirus in sheep are heterogeneous and contain cells expressing markers identifying progenitor cells in lung repair.. J Comp Pathol 150, 138-147. Publication in other institutions.
- (2014). Telomerase expression confers cardioprotection in the adult mouse heart after acute myocardial infarction.. Nat Communications 5, 5863. CNIO Publication.