The biological functions of thousands of proteins, especially those involved in cancer development, remain unexplored, and understanding their structures, tissue and cellular distributions and functions is critical for biomedical progress. However, researchers often face the challenge of insufficient supply, since proteins of interest identified in a particular process can be very difficult to produce in high quality and in adequate amounts for analysis, causing a bottleneck in how quickly they can be characterised. The Protein Production Unit is a core service lab that aims to address this bottleneck by offering expertise and state-of-the-art technologies to develop effective processes for producing recombinant proteins. These can be used in diverse downstream applications such as the generation of highly-specific antibodies, biophysical, biochemical or functional analyses, or structural studies, with the final goal of accelerating cutting-edge cancer research for CNIO and external research groups.
Técnicos de Laboratorio
- María Rivas
- (2022). Structure of the RAF1-HSP90-CDC37 complex reveals the basis of RAF1 regulation. Mol Cell 82, 3438-3452. Publicación CNIO.
- (2022). Development of anti-membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase nanobodies as immunoPET probes for triple negative breast cancer imaging. Front Med 24, 1058455. Publicación CNIO. Open Access
- (2021). RAF1 kinase activity is dispensable for KRAS/p53 mutant lung tumor progression.. Cancer Cell 39, 294-296. Publicación CNIO.
- (2021). Case report: an EGFR-targeted 4-1BB-agonistic trimerbody does not induce hepatotoxicity in transgenic mice with liver expression of human EGFR.. Front Inmmunol 11, 614363. Publicación CNIO.
- (2020). Tumor regression and resistance mechanisms upon CDK4 and RAF1 inactivation in KRAS/P53 mutant lung adenocarcinomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 117, 24415-24426. Publicación CNIO.
- (2020). EphrinB2-EphB4 signalling provides Rho-mediated homeostatic control of lymphatic endothelial cell junction integrity. Elife 8, e57732. Publicación CNIO. Open Access
- (2020). Pyrido[2,3-b][1,5]benzoxazepin-5(6H)-one derivatives as CDK8 inhibitors.. Eur J Med Chem 201, 112443. Publicación CNIO.
- (2019). Pancreatic Tumor Microenvironment Modulation by EphB4-ephrinB2 Inhibition and Radiation Combination. Clin Cancer Res 25, 3352-3365. Publicación CNIO.
- (2019). Multiple cancer pathways regulate telomere protection.. EMBO Mol Med 11, e10292. Publicación CNIO. Open Access
- (2019). Intratumoral expression using a NFkB-based promoter enhances IL12 antitumor efficacy. Cancer Gene Ther 26, 216-233. Publicación CNIO.
- (2018). A tumor-targeted trimeric 4-1BB-agonistic antibody induces potent anti-tumor immunity without systemic toxicity. Nat Commun 9, 4809. Publicación CNIO. Open Access
- (2018). Exome Sequencing of Plasma DNA Portrays the Mutation Landscape of Colorectal Cancer and Discovers Mutated VEGFR2 Receptors as Modulators of Antiangiogenic Therapies. Clin Cancer Res 24, 3550-3559. Publicación CNIO.
- (2018). MT1-MMP as a PET Imaging Biomarker for Pancreas Cancer Management. Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging 2018, 8382148. Publicación CNIO. Open Access