Esta web utiliza cookies para que podamos ofrecerte la mejor experiencia de usuario posible. La información de las cookies se almacena en tu navegador y realiza funciones tales como reconocerte cuando vuelves a nuestra web o ayudar a nuestro equipo a comprender qué secciones de la web encuentras más interesantes y útiles.
The Ministry of Science and Innovation, will open soon the call for the «2021 Severo Ochoa PhD contracts”. Four positions correspond to the CNIO. We are opening this call to pre-select the best candidates among students of all nationalities offering them the opportunity to carry out their doctoral thesis within an international and very dynamic scientific environment. The best-ranked candidate will choose which CNIO research group he/she would like to join.
The deadline for CNIO applications is September 30, 2021
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- This call is open to applicants from all nationalities holding a university degree in biomedical sciences at the deadline of the application (foreign students not living in Spain will have to submit a copy of their passport)
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record and previous research experience during their undergraduate period
- Co-authorship of publication in indexed journals will be positively considered
- Candidates must have a solid working knowledge of English
- Candidates must provide a cover letter of interest, written in English, indicating their CNIO groups of interest
- Candidates must complete the application form before the deadline, (September, 30 2021)
- Students at the stage of enrolment or being accepted in a PhD Programme for the academic year 2021/2022
- Students previously awarded with PhD fellowships funded by the Ministry are not eligible for this Call
- Students already hired for longer than one year as PhD students holding a “Predoctoral” training contract are not eligible for this Call
- Candidates Holding a doctoral degree are not eligible for this call
Eligible applications will be reviewed by an evaluation committee formed by experienced CNIO senior scientists.
The selection will be based on the candidate´s CV, based on academic qualification, aptitude, motivation, and scientific background.
The CNIO Training office will contact directly the selected candidates to indicate them where to apply and proved them the project code , once the Ministry call is open.
It is very important that each candidate correctly identifies in his/her proposal the code of the project/group given by the Training office.
How to apply
For applications, the online application form has to be used https://apps.cnio.es/ing/cursos/programadoctorado-form.asp. The applicant is responsible for the veracity, accuracy and completeness of the data provided in the online application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only one application per candidate will be accepted. If more than one application is received from the same candidate, only the last one will be considered as valid.
Online application form
- Please note that the application form must be completed in English.
- We suggest you to prepare the requested information in any standard text processor and paste them into the application form.
- All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and have to be completed. Please provide your full name and last name. Do not use initials or abbreviations.
- In the case that you did not obtain your degree before submitting your application, you must also include a statement that you are expected to obtain your degree not later than by September 30, 2021.
- Use the “Comments” text box to include any information you consider relevant for your application and which you have not provided elsewhere. Also, use this space to make any comments you may have. You can also leave it blank.
- At the end of the application process you will be asked to upload a file containing your complete CV, preferable in pdf format; doc and rtf formats are also accepted. Please note that the size of this document must not exceed 1MB.
- After having entered all required information you can submit your application by pressing the “Submit” button. Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will be automatically sent by e-mail to you. A reference number will be assigned to your application and should be included in any further correspondence.