Técnicos de Laboratorio
- Guillermo Garaulet
- Guillermo Medrano
Molecular Imaging can be defined as the ability to visualise, characterise and quantitatively measure biological and cellular processes and functions in vivo. One of the main advantages of in vivo molecular imaging is that it enables characterisation of the pathology of tissue diseases without the need of invasive biopsies or surgical procedures; with this information at hand, a more individualised treatment-planning approach can be applied. Molecular imaging encompasses a range of imaging techniques that rely on the utilisation of probes exogenously added to target and detect specific cellular or molecular processes in a living organism.
The Molecular Imaging Unit provides CNIO researchers with state-of-the-art molecular imaging equipment and human resources in order to guarantee the highest quality studies, to develop and update protocols and imaging techniques that serve to optimise visualisation of tumours in both the preclinical and clinical fields, and also to assess and advise researchers on the best-suited imaging modality for their research projects.
- (2019). Intratumoral expression using a NFkB-based promoter enhances IL12 antitumor efficacy. Cancer Gene Ther (in press).
- (2019). Effects of a Ketogenic Diet on [18F]FDG-PET Imaging in a Mouse Model of Lung Cancer. Mol Imaging Biol 21, 279-285.
- (2018). Effects of a Ketogenic Diet on [18F]FDG-PET Imaging in a Mouse Model of Lung Cancer. Mol Imaging Biol 21, 279-285.
- (2018). FGF21 gene therapy as treatment for obesity and insulin resistance. EMBO Mol Med 10, e8791.
- (2018). A versatile drug delivery system targeting senescent cells. EMBO Mol Med 10, pii: e9355.
- (2018). Role of Activator Protein-1 Complex on the Phenotype of Human Osteosarcomas Generated from Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Stem Cells 36, 1487-1500.
- (2018). MT1-MMP as a PET Imaging Biomarker for Pancreas Cancer Management. Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging 2018, 8382148.
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine.. Nature 546, 676-680.
- (2017). 18F-fluoromisonidazole PET and activity of neoadjuvant nintedanib in early HER2-negative breast cancer: a window-of-opportunity randomized trial.. Clin Cancer Res 23, 1432-1441.
- (2017). Plk1 regulates contraction of postmitotic smooth muscle cells and is required for vascular homeostasis.. Nat Med 23, 964-974.
- (2017). Intralymphatic Administration of Adipose Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reduces the Severity of Collagen-Induced Experimental Arthritis. Front Inmmunol 8, 462.
- (2017). Impact of chiropractic manipulation on bone and skeletal muscle of ovariectomized rats.. Calcified Tissue Int 101, 519-529.
- (2016). Targeting Tumor Mitochondrial Metabolism Overcomes Resistance to Antiangiogenics.. Cell Reports 15, 2705-2718.
- (2016). Monitoring vascular normalization induced by antiangiogenic treatment with (18)F-fluoromisonidazole-PET.. Mol Oncol 10, 1704-1718.
- (2016). Adverse Effects of Diabetes Mellitus on the Skeleton of Aging Mice.. J Gerontol A-Biol 71, 290-299.
- (2016). Local delivery of parathyroid hormone-related protein-derived peptides coated onto a hydroxyapatite-based implant enhances bone regeneration in old diabetic rats.. J Biomed Mater Res A 104, 2060-2070.
- (2016). Targeting MT1-MMP as an ImmunoPET-Based Strategy for Imaging Gliomas.. PLoS ONE 11, e0158634.
- (2016). Evaluation of the foetal time to death in mice after application of direct and indirect euthanasia methods.. Lab Animal 50, 100-107.
- (2015). Therapeutic inhibition of TRF1 impairs the growth of p53-deficient K-RasG12V-induced lung cancer by induction of telomeric DNA damage.. EMBO Mol Med 7, 930-949.
- (2015). Mice with Pulmonary Fibrosis Driven by Telomere Dysfunction.. Cell Reports 12, 286-299.
- (2015). Analysis of Murine Lung Tumors by Micro PET-CT Imaging.. Bioprotocol 5, E1692.
- (2015). MiR-93 Controls Adiposity via Inhibition of Sirt7 and Tbx3.. Cell Reports 12, 1594-1605.
- (2014). Telomerase expression confers cardioprotection in the adult mouse heart after acute myocardial infarction.. Nat Communications 5, 5863.
- (2014). K-RasV14I recapitulates Noonan syndrome in mice.. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 111, 16395-16400.
- (2014). Modeling Lung Cancer Evolution and Pre-Clinical Response By Orthotopic Mouse Allografts.. Cancer Res 74, 5978-5988.
- (2014). Bone environment is essential for osteosarcoma development from transformed mesenchymal stem cells.. Stem Cells 32, 1136-1148.
- (2014). Parathyroid hormone-related protein (107-111) improves the bone regeneration potential of gelatin-glutaraldehyde biopolymer-coated hydroxyapatite.. ACTA BIOMATERIALIA 10, 3307-3316.
- (2013). In Vivo Ectopic Implantation Model to Assess Human Mesenchymal Progenitor Cell Potential.. Stem Cell Rev 9, 833-846.
- (2013). Characterization of skeletal alterations in a model of prematurely aging mice.. AGE 35, 383-393.