- Marta Hergueta
- Laura Nogués
- Ana Isabel Amor
- María Teresa González
- Alberto Hernández
- Lucía Robado
- Marina Mazariegos
- Sara Sánchez-Redondo
Our laboratory is interested in analysing the main mechanisms involved in tumour-microenvironment communication during metastasis. Extracellular vesicles (EVs) and soluble factors are key players during this process. Tumour cells benefit from the secretion of these factors partly by influencing the behaviour of neighbouring cells in the tumour microenvironment. We are exploring the role of secreted factors and vesicles in metastasis using different approaches: 1) decoding the messages packaged in tumour-derived exosomes during melanoma metastasis, 2) defining novel factors involved in the crosstalk between adipose tissue and tumour, and 3) testing new therapies to prevent metastasis in rare diseases such as neurofibromatosis.
- Identification of distinct nanoparticles and subsets of extracellular vesicles by asymmetric flow field-flow fractionation.(2018)
Nat Cell Biol 20, 332-343.
- Neutrophils instruct homeostatic and pathological states in naive tissues.(2018)
J Exp Med 215, 2778-2795.
- The influence of tumour-derived extracellular vesicles on local and distal metastatic dissemination.(2018)
Mol Aspects Med 60, 15-26.
- Evaluation of Endoglin (CD105) expression in pediatric rhabdomyosarcoma.(2018)
Bmc Cancer 18, 31-.
- Human prostasomes from normozoospermic and non-normozoospermic men show a differential protein expression pattern.(2018)
Andrology (in press).
- Tumour-adipose tissue crosstalk: fuelling tumour metastasis by extracellular vesicles.(2018)
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 373, pii: 20160485-.
- Pre-metastatic niches: organ-specific homes for metastases.(2017)
Nat Rev Cancer 17, 302-317.
- A proangiogenic signaling axis in myeloid cells promotes malignant progression of glioma.(2017)
J Clin Invest 127, 1826-1838.
- Phagocytosis imprints heterogeneity in tissue-resident macrophages(2017)
J Exp Med 214, 1281-1296.
- Lysyl oxidase-like 3 is required for melanoma cell survival by maintaining genomic stability.(2017)
Cell Death Differ 25, 935-950.
- Proteomic Analysis of Neuroblastoma-Derived Exosomes: New Insights into a Metastatic Signature.(2017)
Proteomics 17, 23-24.
- A novel community driven software for functional enrichment analysis of extracellular vesicles data.(2017)
J Extracell Vesicles 6, 1321455-.
- Extracellular Vesicles in Cancer: Cell-to-Cell Mediators of Metastasis.(2016)
Cancer Cell 30, 836-848.
- Melanosomes foster a tumour niche by activating CAFs.(2016)
Nat Cell Biol 18, 911-913.
- Characterization of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Microvesicle Genesis, Morphology and Pluripotent Content.(2016)
Sci Rep 6, 19743-.
- Vesicle-MaNiA: extracellular vesicles in liquid biopsy and cancer.(2016)
Curr Opin Pharmacol 29, 47-53.
- Mast cells and exosomes in hyperoxia-induced neonatal lung disease.(2016)
Am J Physiol-Lung C 310, L1218-L1232.
- Tumour exosome integrins determine organotropic metastasis.(2015)
Nature 527, 329-335.
- Pancreatic cancer exosomes initiate pre-metastatic niche formation in the liver.(2015)
Nat Cell Biol 17, 816-826.
- Id1 suppresses anti-tumour immune responses and promotes tumour progression by impairing myeloid cell maturation.(2015)
Nat Communications 6, 6840-.
- Lysyl oxidase-like 2 (LOXL2) and E47 EMT factor: novel partners in E-cadherin repression and early metastasis colonization.(2015)
Oncogene 34, 951-964.
- The new deal: a potential role for secreted vesicles in innate immunity and tumor progression.(2015)
Front Inmmunol 24, 66-.
- Loss of Snail2 favors skin tumor progression by promoting the recruitment of myeloid progenitors.(2015)
Carcinogenesis 36, 585-597.
- FunRich proteomics software analysis, let the fun begin!(2015)
Proteomics 15, 2555-2556.
- Gasdermin-B promotes invasion and metastasis in breast cancer cells.(2014)
PLoS ONE 9, e90099-.
- Macromolecular crowding meets tissue engineering by self-assembly: a paradigm shift in regenerative medicine.(2014)
Adv Mater 26, 3024-3034.
- Double-stranded DNA in exosomes: a novel biomarker in cancer detection.(2014)
Cell Res 24, 766-769.
- Lysyl oxidase-like 2 (LOXL2) and E47 EMT factor: novel partners in E-cadherin repression and early metastasis colonization.(2014)
Oncogene (in press).
- The perivascular niche regulates breast tumour dormancy.(2013)
Nat Cell Biol 15, 807-817.
- Mutation of SIMPLE in Charcot-Marie-Tooth 1C alters production of exosomes.(2013)
Mol Biol Cell 24, 1619-1637.
- E47 and Id1 interplay in epithelial-mesenchymal transition.(2013)
PLoS ONE 8, e59948-.