- David Olmeda
- Paula Pennacchi
- Susana Frago
- Xavier Catena
- Daniela Carolina Cerezo
- Marta Contreras
- Cristina Tejedo
- Tonantzin Guadalupe Calvo
- Estela Cañón
Melanomas are inherently aggressive cancers for which basic and translational research have significantly improved patient prognosis. Nevertheless, clinical responses are still incomplete. The long-term goals of our Group are to identify new progression biomarkers and therapeutic agents. Focusing on stress response programmes involving apoptosis, autophagy and endosome mobilisation, we have discovered lineage-specific oncogenes that define the melanoma ‘fingerprint’. Transcriptomic and proteomic analyses of the melanoma secretome have allowed us to define how tumour cells remodel the (lymp)angiogenic vasculature and avoid immune recognition. Moreover, we have generated a unique set of animal models for non-invasive imaging of melanoma progression in vivo. These systems have led to the validation of nanoparticle-based treatments which are being currently being tested in clinical trials. Our ultimate objective is to improve the management of patients with otherwise refractory metastatic melanomas..
- CD38 promotes pristane-induced chronic inflammation and increases susceptibility to experimental lupus by an apoptosis-driven and TRPM2-dependent mechanism.(2018)
Sci Rep 8, 3357-.
- p62/SQSTM1 Fuels Melanoma Progression by Opposing mRNA Decay of a Selective Set of Pro-metastatic Factors(2018)
Cancer Cell (in press).
- Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine.(2017)
Nature 546, 676-680.
- Systems analysis identifies melanoma-enriched pro-oncogenic networks controlled by the RNA binding protein CELF1.(2017)
Nat Commun 8, 2249-.
- Location, Location, Location: Spatio-Temporal Cues That Define the Cell of Origin in Melanoma.(2017)
Cell Stem Cell 21, 559-561.
- TYRP1 mRNA goes fishing for miRNAs in melanoma.(2017)
Nat Cell Biol 19, 1311-1312.
- ATG5 mediates a positive feedback loop between Wnt signaling and autophagy in melanoma.(2017)
Cancer Res 77, 5873-5885.
- DEK oncogene is overexpressed during melanoma progression.(2017)
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 30, 194-202.
- Lineage-specific roles of the cytoplasmic polyadenylation factor CPEB4 in the regulation of melanoma drivers.(2016)
Nat Communications 7, 13418-.
- Metastatic risk and resistance to BRAF inhibitors in melanoma defined by selective allelic loss of ATG5.(2016)
Autophagy 12, 1776-1790.
- UNR/CSDE1 Drives a Post-transcriptional Program to Promote Melanoma Invasion and Metastasis.(2016)
Cancer Cell 30, 694-707.
- TRANSAUTOPHAGY: European network for multidisciplinary research and translation of autophagy knowledge.(2016)
Autophagy 12, 614-617.
- The nuclear corepressor 1 and the thyroid hormone receptor ß suppress breast tumor lymphangiogenesis.(2016)
Oncotarget 7, 78971-78984.
- The state of melanoma: challenges and opportunities.(2016)
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 29, 404-416.
- Vesicular trafficking mechanisms in endothelial cells as modulators of the tumor vasculature and targets of antiangiogenic therapies.(2016)
FEBS J 283, 25-38.
- Evaluation of the antiproliferative, proapoptotic, and antiangiogenic effects of a double-stranded RNA mimic complexed with polycations in an experimental mouse model of leiomyoma.(2016)
Fertil Steril 105, 529-538.
- Understanding Tumor-Antigen Presentation in the New Era of Cancer Immunotherapy.(2016)
Curr Pharm Design 22, 6234-6250.
- RAB7 counteracts PI3K-driven macropinocytosis activated at early stages of melanoma development.(2015)
Oncotarget 6, 11848-11862.
- Hyperactivated endolysosomal trafficking in melanoma.(2015)
Oncotarget 6, 2583-2584.
- Let’s make it happen: for gender equality in science!(2015)
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 28, 641-642.
- Evaluation of the potential therapeutic effects of a double-stranded RNA mimic complexed with polycations in an experimental mouse model of endometriosis.(2015)
Fertil Steril 104, 1310-1318.
- RAB7 controls melanoma progression by exploiting a lineage-specific wiring of the endolysosomal pathway.(2014)
Cancer Cell 26, 61-76.
- Unmet needs in melanoma research.(2014)
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 27, 1003-.
- DEK is a potential marker for aggressive phenotype and irinotecan-based therapy response in metastatic colorectal cancer.(2014)
Bmc Cancer 14, 965-.