- Jorge Luís Martínez
- Yudhi Nugraha
- Aida Contreras
- Lluvia Rebollo
- Pilar Redondo
The Crystallography and Protein Engineering Unit (XTPEUnit) is a core facility created to provide on-demand services at different levels to fulfil the needs of our users. By offering services ranging from protein cloning to solving the 3D structures of proteins, we help our users to further comprehend how target proteins work. With this purpose in mind, we produce proteins for different types of biochemical/biophysical/in vitro/in vivo assays and for monoclonal antibody production, also offering macromolecular structural determination at high-resolution (atomic) by X-ray crystallography, and at low-resolution in-solution by small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS). Protein co-crystallisation, in the presence of inhibitors or small fragments, is routinely done in our laboratory in combination with studies on protein thermal stability (thermofluor assay), to accelerate the guided drug discovery process.
- (2021). Case report: an EGFR-targeted 4-1BB-agonistic trimerbody does not induce hepatotoxicity in transgenic mice with liver expression of human EGFR.. Front Inmmunol 11, 614363. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). An Fc-free EGFR-specific 4-1BB-agonistic Trimerbody Displays Broad Antitumor Activity in Humanized Murine Cancer Models without Toxicity. Clin Cancer Res 27, 3167-3177. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Integrative structural biology of the penicillin-binding protein-1 from Staphylococcus aureus, an essential component of the divisome machinery. COMPUT STRUCT BIOTEC 19, 5392-5405. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Pyrido[2,3-b][1,5]benzoxazepin-5(6H)-one derivatives as CDK8 inhibitors.. Eur J Med Chem 201, 112443. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). EphrinB2-EphB4 signalling provides Rho-mediated homeostatic control of lymphatic endothelial cell junction integrity. Elife 8, e57732. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Structural and biochemical insights into an engineered high-redox potential laccase overproduced in Aspergillus.. Int J Biol Macromol 141, 855-866. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Intratumoral expression using a NFkB-based promoter enhances IL12 antitumor efficacy. Cancer Gene Ther 26, 216-233. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Pancreatic Tumor Microenvironment Modulation by EphB4-ephrinB2 Inhibition and Radiation Combination. Clin Cancer Res 25, 3352-3365. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Exome Sequencing of Plasma DNA Portrays the Mutation Landscape of Colorectal Cancer and Discovers Mutated VEGFR2 Receptors as Modulators of Antiangiogenic Therapies. Clin Cancer Res 24, 3550-3559. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). MT1-MMP as a PET Imaging Biomarker for Pancreas Cancer Management. Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging 2018, 8382148. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). A tumor-targeted trimeric 4-1BB-agonistic antibody induces potent anti-tumor immunity without systemic toxicity. Nat Commun 9, 4809. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Molecular basis of Tousled-Like Kinase 2 activation. Nat Commun 9, 25-35. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine.. Nature 546, 676-680. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Modulation of telomere protection by the PI3K/AKT pathway. Nat Commun 8, 1278. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Quorum sensing network in clinical strains of A. baumannii: AidA is a new quorum quenching enzyme.. PLoS ONE 12, e0174454. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). A mechanism for cancer-associated inactivation of NQO1 due to P187S and its reactivation by the consensus mutation H80R.. FEBS Lett 591, 2826-2835. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Receptor-based virtual screening and biological characterization of human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (Ape1) inhibitors.. ChemMedChem 7, 2168-2178. Publication in other institutions.
- (2017). Display of the albumin binding domain in the envelope improves lentiviral vector bioavailability.. Hum Gene Ther Methods 28, 340-351. CNIO Publication.