- Jorge Luís Martínez
- Raquel Sofia Correia
- Johanne Le Coq
- Aida Contreras
- Álvaro Otero
- Javier Querol
The Crystallography and Protein Engineering Unit (XTPEUnit) is a central core facility as well as a research laboratory whose main goal is to supply the requests of the research groups within the CNIO, as well as external groups, by providing on-demand services at different levels. The Unit covers all the services that range from the coding sequence cloning to the resolution of the 3D structure, whilst always focusing on helping the research groups in reaching a broader characterisation of their proteins of interest. These services span the production of proteins for different types of biochemical/biophysical assays, monoclonal antibody production, and macromolecular structural determination at low resolution by small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) or at high resolution by X-ray crystallography. The latter includes protein co-crystallisation, a method that we routinely combine with the quantification of the protein thermal stability (thermofluor assay), in the presence of inhibitors during the structure guided drug discovery process.
- (2019). Structural and biochemical insights into an engineered high-redox potential laccase overproduced in Aspergillus.. Int J Biol Macromol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Intratumoral expression using a NFkB-based promoter enhances IL12 antitumor efficacy. Cancer Gene Ther (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Pancreatic Tumor Microenvironment Modulation by EphB4-ephrinB2 Inhibition and Radiation Combination. Clin Cancer Res (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Exome Sequencing of Plasma DNA Portrays the Mutation Landscape of Colorectal Cancer and Discovers Mutated VEGFR2 Receptors as Modulators of Antiangiogenic Therapies. Clin Cancer Res 24, 3550-3559. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). MT1-MMP as a PET Imaging Biomarker for Pancreas Cancer Management. Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging 2018, 8382148. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). A tumor-targeted trimeric 4-1BB-agonistic antibody induces potent anti-tumor immunity without systemic toxicity. Nat Commun 9, 4809. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Molecular basis of Tousled-Like Kinase 2 activation. Nat Commun 9, 25-35. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine.. Nature 546, 676-680. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Modulation of telomere protection by the PI3K/AKT pathway. Nat Commun 8, 1278. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Quorum sensing network in clinical strains of A. baumannii: AidA is a new quorum quenching enzyme.. PLoS ONE 12, e0174454. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). A mechanism for cancer-associated inactivation of NQO1 due to P187S and its reactivation by the consensus mutation H80R.. FEBS Lett 591, 2826-2835. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Receptor-based virtual screening and biological characterization of human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (Ape1) inhibitors.. ChemMedChem 7, 2168-2178. Publication in other institutions.
- (2017). Display of the albumin binding domain in the envelope improves lentiviral vector bioavailability.. Hum Gene Ther Methods 28, 340-351. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Targeting MT1-MMP as an ImmunoPET-Based Strategy for Imaging Gliomas.. PLoS ONE 11, e0158634. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). EphrinB2 drives perivascular invasion and proliferation of glioblastoma stem-like cells.. Elife pii, e14845. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Changes in the folding landscape of the WW domain provide a molecular mechanism for an inherited genetic syndrome. Sci Rep 6, 30293. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Molecular Architecture of Full Length TRF1 Favors its Interaction with DNA.. J Biol Chem 291, 21829-21835. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). An Allosteric Cross-Talk Between the Activation Loop and the ATP Binding Site Regulates the Activation of Src Kinase. Sci Rep 6, 24235. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Experimental and computational evidence on conformational fluctuations as a source of catalytic defects in genetic diseases.. RSC ADVANCES 6, 58604-58612. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Structural and dynamics studies of human phenylalanine hydroxilase, a highly regulated allosteric enzime.. Acta Crystallogr A 72, S239. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Galectin-related protein: An integral member of the network of chicken galectins 1. From strong sequence conservation of the gene confined to vertebrates to biochemical characteristics of the chicken protein and its crystal structure.. Biochim Biophys Acta 1860, 2285-2297. Publication in other institutions.
- (2016). The structure of VgrG1 from Pseudomonas aeruginosa, the needle tip of the bacterial type VI secretion system.. Acta Crystallogr D Struct Biol 72, 22-33. Publication in other institutions.
- (2015). CSF1R Protein Expression in Reactive Lymphoid Tissues and Lymphoma: Its Relevance in Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma.. PLoS ONE 10, e0125203. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Targeting RING domains of Mdm2-MdmX E3 complex activates apoptotic arm of the p53 pathway in leukemia/lymphoma cells.. Cell Death Dis 6, e2035. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Towards a Molecular Understanding of the Link Between Imatinib Resistance and Kinase Conformational Dynamics.. PLoS Comput Biol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Crystal Structure of Hcp from Acinetobacter baumannii: A Component of the Type VI Secretion System. PLoS ONE 10, e0129691. Publication in other institutions.
- (2015). Preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of an engineered variant of human chimera-type galectin-3 with a shortened N-terminal domain. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 71, 184-188. Publication in other institutions.
- (2015). Combining Crystallography and Hydrogen-Deuterium Exchange to Study Galectin-Ligand Complexes.. Chemistry 21, 13558-13568. Publication in other institutions.
- (2015). NOTCH pathway inactivation promotes bladder cancer progression.. J Clin Invest 125, 824-830. CNIO Publication.
- (2014). Structural basis of PcsB-mediated cell separation in Streptococcus pneumoniae.. Nat Communications 8, 3842. CNIO Publication.
- (2014). Solving the RNA polymerase I structural puzzle.. Acta Crystallogr D 70, 2570-2582. Publication in other institutions.
- (2014). The C-terminal SH3 domain contributes to the intramolecular inhibition of Vav family proteins.. Sci Signal 7, ra35. CNIO Publication.
- (2014). Natural single amino acid polymorphism (F19Y) in human galectin-8: detection of structural alterations and increased growth-regulatory activity on tumor cells.. FEBS J 281, 1446-1464. Publication in other institutions.
- (2014). Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis on the kinase domain of human Tousled Like Kinase 2 .. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 70, 354-357. CNIO Publication.