- Patricia González
- María Jiménez
- Gema Pérez
- Alexandra Barranco
- Marina Císcar
- Alejandro Collado
- Pedro Luis Echevarria
- Jaime Redondo
- Sergi Velasco
- Víctor López
Research in the Transformation and Metastasis Group aims to identify novel therapeutic targets for epithelial cancer treatment and to elucidate resistance mechanisms to drugs currently available. Tumours exploit and manipulate for their benefit the same mechanisms that work correctly in the healthy tissue. Thus, we first aim to understand normal development, and then to identify the key events that lead to tumour initiation, progression and metastasis developed in order to avoid and combat them. Complementary tools including primary cell cultures and organoids, mouse models and clinical samples are used with the final goal of translating basic knowledge into clinically relevant findings.
One of our research lines aims to characterise the role of the TNF family member RANK in mammary gland development and breast cancer and to elucidate its therapeutic potential.
- (2021). FGFR Inhibition Overcomes Resistance to EGFR-targeted Therapy in Epithelial-like Cutaneous Carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res 27, 1491-1504. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Inhibition of RANK signaling as a potential immunotherapy in breast cancer. Oncoimmunology 10, 1923156. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). RANK links senescence to stemness in the mammary epithelia, delaying tumor onset but increasing tumor aggressiveness.. Dev Cell 56, 1727-1741. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Conservation of copy number profiles during engraftment and passaging of patient-derived cancer xenografts. Nat Genet 53, 86-99. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). RANK signaling increases after anti-HER2 therapy contributing to the emergence of resistance in HER2-positive breast cance. Breast Cancer Res 23, 42. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Inhibition of RANK signaling in breast cancer induces an anti-tumor immune response orchestrated by CD8+ T cells.. Nat Commun 11, 6335. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). The altered transcriptome and DNA methylation profiles of docetaxel resistance in breast cancer PDX models.. Mol Cancer Res 17, 2063-2076. Publication in other institutions.
- (2019). Chromosome 12p Amplification in Triple-Negative/BRCA1-Mutated Breast Cancer Associates with Emergence of Docetaxel Resistance and Carboplatin Sensitivity.. Cancer Res 79, 4258-4270. Publication in other institutions.
- (2019). Management of bone health in solid tumours: From bisphosphonates to a monoclonal antibody.. Cancer Treat Rev 76, 57-67. Publication in other institutions.
- (2019). PDGFR-induced autocrine SDF-1 signaling in cancer cells promotes metastasis in advanced skin carcinoma.. Oncogene 38, 5021-5037. Publication in other institutions.
- (2019). Epigenetic inactivation of the splicing RNA-binding protein CELF2 in human breast cancer.. Oncogene 38, 7106-7112. Publication in other institutions.
- (2018). Targeting p38a Increases DNA Damage, Chromosome Instability, and the Anti-tumoral Response to Taxanes in Breast Cancer Cells.. Cancer Cell 33, 1094-1110. Publication in other institutions.
- (2018). European Network of Breast Development and Cancer turned 10 years: a growing family of mammary gland researchers.. Breast Cancer Res 20, 102. Publication in other institutions.
- (2018). Correction: Lymphangioleiomyomatosis Biomarkers Linked to Lung Metastatic Potential and Cell Stemness.. PLoS One 13, e0207586. Publication in other institutions.
- (2017). Interrogating open issues in cancer medicine with patient-derived xenografts.. Nat Rev Cancer 17, 632. Publication in other institutions.
- (2017). Interrogating open issues in cancer precision medicine with patient-derived xenografts.. Nat Rev Cancer 17, 254-268. Publication in other institutions.
- (2017). Stem cell-like transcriptional reprogramming mediates metastatic resistance to mTOR inhibition.. Oncogene 36, 2737-2749. Publication in other institutions.
- (2017). Resistance to Taxanes in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Associates with the Dynamics of a CD49f+ Tumor-Initiating Population.. Stem Cell Reports 8, 1392-1407. Publication in other institutions.
- (2017). Bromodomain inhibition shows antitumoral activity in mice and human luminal breast cancer.. Oncotarget 8, 51621-51629. Publication in other institutions.
- (2017). Tumor-initiating CD49f cells are a hallmark of chemoresistant triple negative breast cancer.. Mol Cell Oncol 4, e1338208. Publication in other institutions.