- Bárbara Oldrini
- María del Mar Gardeazabal
- Verónica Matía
Malignant brain tumours represent about 3% of all cancers, and annually about 100,000 new cases are diagnosed worldwide. In Spain, there are about 4,000 new cases a year. Gliomas are a large collection of brain tumours of which Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) is the most frequent and aggressive primary central nervous system (CNS) tumour in adults. Regardless of the recent advances in treatment modalities, GBM patients usually respond weakly to all therapeutic approaches, and prognosis remains dismal (approximately 15 months).
In our laboratory, we use a combination of genomic analysis, mouse models and primary tumour cell cultures, with the main goal of identifying the molecular mechanisms that could provide the basis for novel therapeutic modalities for GBM patients.
- (2021). Dianhydrogalactitol Overcomes Multiple Temozolomide Resistance Mechanisms in Glioblastoma. Mol Cancer Ther 20, 1029-1038. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). The Irradiated Brain Microenvironment Supports Glioma Stemness and Survival via Astrocyte-Derived Transglutaminase 2. Cancer Res 81, 2101-2115. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Identification of a Dexamethasone Mediated Radioprotection Mechanism Reveals New Therapeutic Vulnerabilities in Glioblastoma. Cancers 13, 361. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Phenotypic mapping of pathologic cross-talk between glioblastoma and innate immune cells by synthetic genetic tracing.. Cancer Discovery 11, 754-777. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). NF1 regulates mesenchymal glioblastoma plasticity and aggressiveness through the AP-1 transcription factor FOSL1. Elife 10, e64846. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Correction: Glioblastoma and glioblastoma stem cells are dependent on functional MTH1.. Oncotarget 11, 827. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). MGMT genomic rearrangements contribute to chemotherapy resistance in gliomas. Nat Commun 11, 3833. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). The Mechanistic GEMMs of Oncogenic Histones. Hum Mol Genet 29, R226-R235. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). A kinase-deficient NTRK2 splice variant predominates in glioma and amplifies several oncogenic signaling pathways. Nat Commun 11, 2977. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). Phenotypic mapping of pathological crosstalk between glioblastoma and innate immune cells by synthetic genetic tracing.. Cancer Discovery (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). LIF regulates CXCL9 in tumor-associated macrophages and prevents CD8+ T cell tumor-infiltration impairing anti-PD1 therapy. Nat Commun 10, 2416. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Influenza virus infection causes global RNAPII termination defects. Nat Struct Mol Biol 25, 885-893. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Somatic genome editing with the RCAS-TVA-CRISPR-Cas9 system for precision tumor modeling. Nat Commun 9, 1466. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Tumor Evolution of Glioma-Intrinsic Gene Expression Subtypes Associates with Immunological Changes in the Microenvironment.. Cancer Cell 32, 42-56. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). EGFR feedback-inhibition by Ran-binding protein 6 is disrupted in cancer. Nat Commun 8, 2035. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). GlioVis data portal for visualization and analysis of brain tumor expression datasets.. Neuro-Oncology 19, 139-141. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Glioblastoma and glioblastoma stem cells are dependent on functional MTH1. Oncotarget 8, 84671-84684. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Inhibition of Trf1 telomere protein impairs tumor initiation and progression in glioblastoma multiform mouse models and patient-derived xenografts.. Cancer Cell 32, 590-607. CNIO Publication.