- Bárbara Oldrini
- Miguel Jiménez
- Verónica Matía
- Paula Kroon
A decade of studies has underlined the complexity of the genetic events that characterise the genomic landscapes of common forms of human cancer, including gliomas. While a few cancer genes are mutated at high frequencies (>20%), the greatest number of cancer genes in most patients appear at intermediate frequencies (2–20%) or lower. Strikingly, the functional significance of the vast majority of these alterations still remains elusive. A current high priority in glioma research is to functionally validate candidate genetic alterations in order to distinguish those that are significant for cancer progression and treatment response.
In our laboratory, we use a combination of genomic analyses, mouse models and primary tumour cell cultures, with the main goal of identifying the molecular mechanisms that could provide the basis for novel treatments for glioma patients.
- Somatic genome editing with the RCAS-TVA-CRISPR-Cas9 system for precision tumor modeling(2018)
Nat Commun 9, 1466-.
- Influenza virus infection causes global RNAPII termination defects(2018)
Nat Struct Mol Biol 25, 885-893.
- Inhibition of Trf1 telomere protein impairs tumor initiation and progression in glioblastoma multiform mouse models and patient-derived xenografts.(2017)
Cancer Cell 32, 590-607.
- Tumor Evolution of Glioma-Intrinsic Gene Expression Subtypes Associates with Immunological Changes in the Microenvironment.(2017)
Cancer Cell 32, 42-56.
- EGFR feedback-inhibition by Ran-binding protein 6 is disrupted in cancer.(2017)
Nat Commun 8, 2035-.
- GlioVis data portal for visualization and analysis of brain tumor expression datasets.(2017)
Neuro-Oncology 19, 139-141.
- Glioblastoma and glioblastoma stem cells are dependent on functional MTH1.(2017)
Oncotarget 8, 84671-84684.
- Targeting MT1-MMP as an ImmunoPET-Based Strategy for Imaging Gliomas.(2016)
PLoS ONE 11, e0158634-.
- Take It Down a NOTCH in Forebrain tumors.(2015)
Cancer Cell 28, 681-682.
- Most human non-GCIMP glioblastoma subtypes evolve from a common proneural-like precursor glioma.(2014)
Cancer Cell 26, 288-300.
- A kinase-independent function of AKT promotes cancer cell survival.(2014)
Elife (in press).
- Histone acetyltransferase PCAF is required for Hedgehog-Gli-dependent transcription and cancer cell proliferation.(2013)
Cancer Res 73, 6323-6333.