- Bárbara Oldrini
- María del Mar Gardeazabal
- Verónica Matía
- Alicia Marie Gaëlle Leblond
Glioblastoma (GBM) is the most common and lethal primary central nervous system tumour in adults. Despite the recent advances in treatment modalities, GBM patients generally respond poorly to all therapeutic approaches and prognosis remains dismal. Radiation and chemo-resistance are characteristic of various cancer types, however it is not clear if this therapy resistance is a consequence of tumour progression or if it is intrinsically associated with the genetic events that lead to the tumour formation in the first place. Gaining insights into the pathways that determine this poor treatment response will be instrumental for the development of new therapeutic modalities.
In our laboratory, we use a variety of approaches − both genetic and small molecule drug screenings − coupled with in vivo GBM mouse models in order to identify genes involved in therapy resistance of gliomas. We reason that these studies will help to define new therapeutic targets for treatment of brain tumours.
- (2021). The Irradiated Brain Microenvironment Supports Glioma Stemness and Survival via Astrocyte-Derived Transglutaminase 2. Cancer Res 81, 2101-2115. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Identification of a Dexamethasone Mediated Radioprotection Mechanism Reveals New Therapeutic Vulnerabilities in Glioblastoma. Cancers 13, 361. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Dianhydrogalactitol Overcomes Multiple Temozolomide Resistance Mechanisms in Glioblastoma. Mol Cancer Res (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Correction: Glioblastoma and glioblastoma stem cells are dependent on functional MTH1.. Oncotarget 11, 827. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). MGMT genomic rearrangements contribute to chemotherapy resistance in gliomas. Nat Commun 11, 3833. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). The Mechanistic GEMMs of Oncogenic Histones. Hum Mol Genet 29, R226-R235. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). A kinase-deficient NTRK2 splice variant predominates in glioma and amplifies several oncogenic signaling pathways. Nat Commun 11, 2977. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). Phenotypic mapping of pathological crosstalk between glioblastoma and innate immune cells by synthetic genetic tracing.. Cancer Discovery (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). LIF regulates CXCL9 in tumor-associated macrophages and prevents CD8+ T cell tumor-infiltration impairing anti-PD1 therapy. Nat Commun 10, 2416. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Influenza virus infection causes global RNAPII termination defects. Nat Struct Mol Biol 25, 885-893. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Somatic genome editing with the RCAS-TVA-CRISPR-Cas9 system for precision tumor modeling. Nat Commun 9, 1466. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Tumor Evolution of Glioma-Intrinsic Gene Expression Subtypes Associates with Immunological Changes in the Microenvironment.. Cancer Cell 32, 42-56. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). EGFR feedback-inhibition by Ran-binding protein 6 is disrupted in cancer. Nat Commun 8, 2035. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). GlioVis data portal for visualization and analysis of brain tumor expression datasets.. Neuro-Oncology 19, 139-141. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Glioblastoma and glioblastoma stem cells are dependent on functional MTH1. Oncotarget 8, 84671-84684. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Inhibition of Trf1 telomere protein impairs tumor initiation and progression in glioblastoma multiform mouse models and patient-derived xenografts.. Cancer Cell 32, 590-607. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Targeting MT1-MMP as an ImmunoPET-Based Strategy for Imaging Gliomas. PLoS One 11, e0158634. CNIO Publication. Open Access