- Nuria Gago
- David Olmeda
- Susana Frago
- Adriana Sanna
- Xavier Catena
- Marta Contreras
- Naiara Juan
- Javier Suárez
- Cristina Tejedo
- Tonantzin Guadalupe Calvo
- Cynthia Mucientes
Melanomas are inherently aggressive cancers for which basic and translational research have significantly improved patient prognosis. Nevertheless, clinical responses are still incomplete. The long-term goals of our Group are to identify new progression biomarkers and therapeutic agents. We are particularly interested in mechanisms of cellular stress that, being selectively deregulated in melanoma, define lineage-specific vulnerabilities (publications in Nature, Cancer Cell, Nature Cell Biology, Nature Communications, among others). Our laboratory has also generated the firstin- class lymphoreporter mice for non-invasive imaging of pre-metastatic niches in melanoma (Nature). These systems have led to the validation of nanoparticle-based treatments that are currently being tested in clinical trials. Our ultimate objective is to improve the management of patients with otherwise refractory metastatic melanomas.
- (2020). Lymph: (Fe)rrying Melanoma to Safety. Cancer Cell (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). p62/SQSTM1 Fuels Melanoma Progression by Opposing mRNA Decay of a Selective Set of Pro-metastatic Factors. Cancer Cell 35, 46-63. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). p62/SQSTM1 Fuels Melanoma Progression by Opposing mRNA Decay of a Selective Set of Pro-metastatic Factors.. Cancer Cell 35, 46-63. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). KLF9-dependent ROS regulate melanoma progression in stage-specific manner. Oncogene 38, 3585-3597. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Antimetastatic dsRNA mimics identified by live imaging of pathogenic neolymphangiogenes. BioRivx (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2018). CD38 promotes pristane-induced chronic inflammation and increases susceptibility to experimental lupus by an apoptosis-driven and TRPM2-dependent mechanism. Sci Rep 8, 3357. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Systems analysis identifies melanoma-enriched pro-oncogenic networks controlled by the RNA binding protein CELF1. Nat Commun 8, 2249. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine.. Nature 546, 676-680. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Location, Location, Location: Spatio-Temporal Cues That Define the Cell of Origin in Melanoma. Cell Stem Cell 21, 559-561. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). TYRP1 mRNA goes fishing for miRNAs in melanoma.. Nat Cell Biol 19, 1311-1312. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). ATG5 mediates a positive feedback loop between Wnt signaling and autophagy in melanoma.. Cancer Res 77, 5873-5885. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). DEK oncogene is overexpressed during melanoma progression.. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 30, 194-202. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Lineage-specific roles of the cytoplasmic polyadenylation factor CPEB4 in the regulation of melanoma drivers. Nat Commun 7, 13418. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). UNR/CSDE1 Drives a Post-transcriptional Program to Promote Melanoma Invasion and Metastasis.. Cancer Cell 30, 694-707. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). TRANSAUTOPHAGY: European network for multidisciplinary research and translation of autophagy knowledge.. Autophagy 12, 614-617. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). The nuclear corepressor 1 and the thyroid hormone receptor ß suppress breast tumor lymphangiogenesis. Oncotarget 7, 78971-78984. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). The state of melanoma: challenges and opportunities.. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 29, 404-416. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Vesicular trafficking mechanisms in endothelial cells as modulators of the tumor vasculature and targets of antiangiogenic therapies.. FEBS J 283, 25-38. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Evaluation of the antiproliferative, proapoptotic, and antiangiogenic effects of a double-stranded RNA mimic complexed with polycations in an experimental mouse model of leiomyoma.. Fertil Steril 105, 529-538. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Understanding Tumor-Antigen Presentation in the New Era of Cancer Immunotherapy.. Curr Pharm Design 22, 6234-6250. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Metastatic risk and resistance to BRAF inhibitors in melanoma defined by selective allelic loss of ATG5.. Autophagy 12, 1776-1790. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). RAB7 counteracts PI3K-driven macropinocytosis activated at early stages of melanoma development. Oncotarget 6, 11848-11862. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2015). Hyperactivated endolysosomal trafficking in melanoma.. Oncotarget 6, 2583-2584. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Let’s make it happen: for gender equality in science!. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 28, 641-642. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Evaluation of the potential therapeutic effects of a double-stranded RNA mimic complexed with polycations in an experimental mouse model of endometriosis.. Fertil Steril 104, 1310-1318. CNIO Publication.