- Rodrigo Sánchez
- Begoña Hurtado
- Miguel Ruiz
- Diana Vara
- Carolina Villarroya
- Gloria Cristina Bonel
- Mariona Cubells
- Alejandro García
- José González
- Fátima Guerra
- Luis Rodrigo López
- Borja Pitarch
- Agustín Sánchez
- Cristina Aguirre
- Irene Díaz
- Aicha El Bakkali
The Cell Division and Cancer Group is interested in deciphering the mechanisms by which cell division and cell proliferation are regulated in mammalian cells. Our scientific interests are:
- to understand the basic control mechanisms that regulate the cell division cycle.
- to characterise the physiological and therapeutic consequences of cell cycle deregulation.
- understanding self-renewal and pluripotency in stem cell biology and tumour development.
- improving the use of old and new targets for cancer therapy.
As a final goal, we aim to generate information that will be useful for understanding basic mechanisms of cell function and to improve therapeutic strategies against cancer cell proliferation.
- (2021). PLK1 regulates centrosome migration and spindle dynamics in male mouse meiosis. EMBO Rep 22, e51030. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Deficient adaptation to centrosome duplication defects in neural progenitors causes microcephaly and subcortical heterotopias. JCI Insight 6, 146364. Publication in other institutions.
- (2021). Expanding the Differentiation Potential of Already-Established Pluripotent Stem Cells. Methods Mol Biol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Mechanisms of Sensitivity and Resistance to CDK4/6 Inhibition.. Cancer Cell 37, 514-529. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). CDK4/6 inhibitors impair recovery from cytotoxic chemotherapy in pancreatic adenocarcinoma.. Cancer Cell 37, 340-353. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Squamous differentiation requires G2/mitosis slippage to avoid apoptosis. Cell Death Differ 27, 2451-2467. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Transient Exposure to miR-203 Enhances the Differentiation Capacity of Established Pluripotent Stem Cells. EMBO J 39, e104324. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Mammalian cell cycle cyclins.. Semin Cell Dev Biol 107, 28-35. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Molecular Basis of the Mechanisms controlling MASTL.. Mol Cell Proteomics 19, 326-343. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Lack of adaptation to centriolar defects leads to p53-independent microcephaly in the absence of Cep135. bioRxiv (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Effects of energy metabolism on the mechanical properties of breast cancer cells. Commun Biol 3, 590. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). CREBBP/EP300 Bromodomain Inhibition Affects the Proliferation of AR-Positive Breast Cancer Cell Lines. Mol Cancer Res 13, 720-730. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). p38? is essential for cell cycle progression and liver tumorigenesis. Nature 568, 557-560. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). CDK4/6 inhibitors: what is the best cocktail?. Clin Cancer Res 25, 6-8. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). A Chemical Screen Identifies Compounds Capable of Selecting for Haploidy in Mammalian Cells.. Cell Reports 28, 597-604. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Downregulation of specific FBXW7 isoforms with differential effects in T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. Oncogene 38, 4620-4636. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Aurora A controls CD8+ T cell cytotoxic activity and antiviral response. Sci Rep 3, 2211. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Detection of novel fusion-transcripts by RNA-Seq in T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. Sci Rep 9, 5179. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). CDK6 Antagonizes p53-Induced Responses during Tumorigenesis. Cancer Discovery 8, 884-897. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Thrombocytopenia-associated mutations in Ser/Thr kinase MASTL deregulate actin cytoskeleton dynamics in platelets. J Clin Invest 128, 5351-5367. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Plk1 overexpression induces chromosomal instability and suppresses tumor development. Nat Commun 9, 3012. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). An E2F7-dependent transcriptional program modulates DNA damage repair and genomic stability. Nucleic Acids Res 46, 4546-4559. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Genetic Interactions between the Aurora Kinases Reveal New Requirements for AURKB and AURKC during Oocyte Meiosis. Curr Biol 28, 3458-3468. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Two Interlinked Bistable Switches Govern Mitotic Control in Mammalian Cells. Curr Biol 28, 3824-3832. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Therapeutic relevance of the PP2A-B55 inhibitory kinase MASTL/Greatwall in breast cancer. Cell Death Differ 25, 828-840. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Biochemical analyses reveal amino acid residues critical for cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation of human Cdc14A phosphatase by cyclin-dependent kinase 1. Sci Rep 8, 11871. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). RNA-Seq reveals the existence of a CDKN1C-E2F1-TP53 axis that is altered in human T-cell lymphoblastic lymphomas. Bmc Cancer 18, 430. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). Plk1 regulates contraction of postmitotic smooth muscle cells and is required for vascular homeostasis. Nat Med 23, 964-974. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). SnapShot: phosphoregulation of mitosis. Cell 169, 1358-1358e1. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Fueling the Cell Division Cycle. Trends Cell Biol 27, 69-81. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Programmed mitophagy is essential for the glycolytic switch during cell differentiation. EMBO J 36, 1688-1706. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). The anaphase promoting complex impacts repair choice by protecting ubiquitin signaling at DNA damage sites. Nat Commun 8, 15751. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). APC/CCdh1 enables removal of shugoshin-2 from the arms of bivalent chromosomes by moderating cyclin-dependent kinase activity. Curr Biol 27, 1462-1476. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Álvarez-Fernández M, Sanz-Flores M, Sanz-Castillo B, Salazar-Roa M, Partida D, Zapatero-Solana E, Ali HR, Manchado E, Lowe S, VanArsdale T, Shields D, Caldas C, Quintela-Fandino M, Malumbres M. Cell Death Differ 25, 828-840. CNIO Publication.