- Raúl Torres
- María Cruz Casado
- Pilar Puig
- M. Carmen Martín
- Marta Martínez-Lage
- Francisco José Moya
Recurrent chromosomal rearrangements − changes in the structure of native chromosomes − are very common and wellknown hallmarks of cancer. Recent technological advances have improved our ability to detect and understand these rearrangements. A better understanding of these cancercausing mechanisms will lead to novel therapeutic regimens to fight cancer. The research activity of the Molecular Cytogenetics and Genome Editing Unit focuses on increasing the knowledge about the role of chromosomal rearrangements in cancer development and progression and the discovery of new therapeutic targets. With the combined use of CRISPR genome editing and cytogenetic technologies, we are creating in vitro models that recapitulate chromosomal, genetic, and epigenetic cancer alterations. The goal of the Unit is to provide the CNIO and external researchers with the latest technologies used in the fields of molecular cytogenetics and genome engineering. The Unit is continuously implementing and developing new technologies in those fields. We also participate in collaborative projects with clinical and basic science investigators at the CNIO and other institutions.
- (2020). Robustness of Catalytically Dead Cas9 Activators in Human Pluripotent and Mesenchymal Stem Cells.. Molecular Therapy-Nucleic Acids 20, 196-204. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). In vivo CRISPR/Cas9 targeting of fusion oncogenes for selective elimination of cancer cells. Nat Commun 11, 5060. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). Fast diffusion sustains plasma membrane accumulation of phosphatase of regenerating liver-1.. Front Cell Dev Biol 8, 585842. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Functional Characterization of a Dual Enhancer/Promoter Regulatory Element Leading Human CD69 Expression. Front Genet 11, 552949. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). RIAM-VASP Module Relays Integrin Complement Receptors in Outside-In Signaling Driving Particle Engulfment. Cells 9, 1166. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). Impaired Condensin Complex and Aurora B kinase underlie mitotic and chromosomal defects in hyperdiploid B-cell ALL.. Blood 136, 313-327. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). TALEN mediated gene editing in a mouse model of Fanconi anemia.. Sci Rep 10, 6997. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). Targeting OGG1 arrests cancer cell proliferation by inducing replication stress.. Nucleic Acids Res 48, 12234-12251. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Epigenetic reprogramming of primary pancreatic cancer cells counteracts their in vivo tumourigenicity.. Oncogene 38, 6226-6239. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Gene editing of PKLR gene in human hematopoietic progenitors through 5′ and 3′ UTR modified TALEN mRNA. PLoS One 14, e0223775. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). NHEJ-Mediated Repair of CRISPR-Cas9-Induced DNA Breaks Efficiently Corrects Mutations in HSPCs from Patients with Fanconi Anemia. Cell Stem Cell 25, 607-621. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Immune Profiling and Quantitative Analysis Decipher the Clinical Role of Immune-Checkpoint Expression in the Tumor Immune Microenvironment of DLBCL. Cancer Immunol Res 7, 644-657. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). PAUF/ZG16B promotes colorectal cancer progression through alterations of the mitotic functions and the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Carcinogenesis (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Functional characterization of two enhancers located downstream FOXP2. BMC Med Genet. 20, 65. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Clinically Relevant Correction of Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa by Dual sgRNA CRISPR/Cas9-Mediated Gene Editing. Mol Ther 27, 986-998. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). mTORC1 inactivation promotes colitis-induced colorectal cancer. Cell Metab 27, 118-135. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Somatic genome editing with the RCAS-TVA-CRISPR-Cas9 system for precision tumor modeling. Nat Commun 9, 1466. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). The IS2 Element Improves Transcription Efficiency of Integration-Deficient Lentiviral Vector Episomes. Molecular Therapy-Nucleic Acids 13, 16-28. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). CRISPR/Cas9 for Cancer Therapy: Hopes and Challenges. Biomedicines 6, E105. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Germline mutations in the spindle assembly checkpoint genes BUB1 and BUB3 are infrequent in familial colorectal cancer and polyposis. Mol Can 17, 23. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Narrowing the genetic causes of language dysfunction in the 1q21.1 microduplication syndrome. Front Pediatr 6, 163. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Gain-of-function mutations in DNMT3A in patients with paraganglioma. Genet Med 20, 1644-1651. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). The molecular pathogenesis of the NUP98-HOXA9 fusion protein in acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia 31, 2000-2005. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Modeling mixed-lineage-rearranged leukemia initiation in CD34+ cells: a “CRISPR” solution. Haematologica 102, 1467-168. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Therapeutic gene editing in CD34+ hematopoietic progenitors from Fanconi anemia patients. EMBO Mol Med 9, 1574-1588. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Efficient Recreation of t(11;22) EWSR1-FLI1+ in Human Stem Cells Using CRISPR/Cas9. Stem Cell Reports 8, 1408-1420. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Generation and characterization of a human iPSC cell line expressing inducible Cas9 in the “safe harbor” AAVS1 locus. Stem Cell Res 21, 137-140. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). CRISPR-Cas9 technology: applications and human disease modelling.. Brief Funct Genomics 16, 4-12. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). CRISPR/Cas9 Technology: Applications and Human Disease Modeling.. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci 152, 23-48. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). BPTF is required for c-MYC transcriptional activity and in vivo tumorigenesis. Nat Commun 7, 10153. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Truncated RUNX1 protein generated by a novel t(1;21)(p32;q22) chromosomal translocation impairs the proliferation and differentiation of human hematopoietic progenitors.. Oncogene 35, 125-134. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Development refractoriness of MLL-rearranged human B cell acute leukemias to reprogramming into pluripotency. Stem Cell Reports 7, 602-618. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). MAPK8-mediated stabilization of SP1 is essential for RUNX1-RUNX1T1 – driven leukaemia.. Br J Haematol 172, 807-810. CNIO Publication.