- María Elena Hernández
- Mª Isabel Albarrán
- Antonio Cebriá
- Elena Gómez-Casero
- Javier Klett
- Mª del Carmen Rodríguez de Miguel
In the Experimental Therapeutics Programme, we perform both phenotypic and targeted-based drug discovery. The Biology Section is devoted to the biochemical, cellular, and in vitro/in vivo pharmacological characterisation of the compounds synthesised within the Programme.
At the biochemical assay level, we have developed a panel of different biochemical assays and optimised them for the targets used in our screening campaigns. We have currently established more than 30 different types of biochemical assays, mainly focused on kinase activities and covering a broad range of sensitivities and technologies (FI, FP, FRET, TR-FRET, chemiluminiscence, coupled enzymatic reactions, binding assays, etc.) adapted to the targets that we have been working on.
Recently, in order to identify inhibitors of relevant cancer targets with no enzymatic activity, we have started to develop biochemical assays to measure protein/protein interaction and protein/DNA interactions. These assays are based on AlphaScreen and AlphaLISA technology.
- (2020). Pyrido[2,3-b][1,5]benzoxazepin-5(6H)-one derivatives as CDK8 inhibitors.. Eur J Med Chem 201, 112443. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Screening protocol for the identification of modulators by immunofluorescent cell-based assay. Chem Biol Drug Des 95, 66-78. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Induction of Lysosome Membrane Permeabilization as a Therapeutic Strategy to Target Pancreatic Cancer Stem Cells. Cancers (in press). CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Disulfide Engineered Lipase to Enhance the Catalytic Activity: A Structure-Based Approach on BTL2.. Int J Mol Sci 20, E5245. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Anti-tumor effects of PIM/PI3K/mTOR triple kinase inhibitor IBL-302 in neuroblastoma.. EMBO Mol Med 11, e10058. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Discovery of novel triazolo[4,3-b]pyridazin-3-yl-quinoline derivatives as PIM inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem 168, 87-109. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). The targetable kinase PIM1 drives ALK inhibitor resistance in high-risk neuroblastoma independent of MYCN status.. Nat Commun 10, 5428. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Exome Sequencing of Plasma DNA Portrays the Mutation Landscape of Colorectal Cancer and Discovers Mutated VEGFR2 Receptors as Modulators of Antiangiogenic Therapies. Clin Cancer Res 24, 3550-3559. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). STAT3 labels a subpopulation of reactive astrocytes required for brain metastasis. Nat Med 24, 1024-1035. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Inflammation and stem markers association to PIM1/PIM2 kinase-induced tumors in breast and uterus. Oncotarget 8, 58872-58886. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Identification of novel PI3K inhibitors through a scaffold hopping strategy.. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 27, 4794-4799. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Generation of tricyclic imidazo[1,2-a]pyrazines as novel PI3K inhibitors by application of a conformational restriction strategy.. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 27, 2536-2543. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Inhibition of Trf1 telomere protein impairs tumor initiation and progression in glioblastoma multiform mouse models and patient-derived xenografts.. Cancer Cell 32, 590-607. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Modulation of telomere protection by the PI3K/AKT pathway. Nat Commun 8, 1278. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). The role of PIM1/PIM2 kinases in tumors of the male reproductive system.. Sci Rep 6, 38079. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). ETP-46321, a dual p110a/d class IA phosphoinositide 3-kinase inhibitor modulates T lymphocyte activation and collagen-induced arthritis. Biochem Pharmacol 106, 56-59. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Tissue damage and senescence provide critical signals for cellular reprogramming in vivo.. Science 354, pii: aaf4445.. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Therapeutic inhibition of TRF1 impairs the growth of p53-deficient K-RasG12V-induced lung cancer by induction of telomeric DNA damage. EMBO Mol Med 7, 930-949. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2015). Assessing the carcinogenic potential of low-dose exposures to chemical mixtures in the environment: the challenge ahead. Carcinogenesis 36, S254-S296. CNIO Publication.