- Pedro P. Lopez-Casas
- Carlo Cattrini
- María Isabel Pacheco
- Lorena Magraner
- Mónica Balsells
- Ylenia Cendón
- Carles Moreno
- Leticia Rivera
- Alejandro Sanz
Prostate cancer remains a major health burden as over a million men around the world are annually diagnosed with prostate cancer. Up to 30% of them may develop metastatic prostate cancer, which is the advanced form of this disease, once it has spread outside the prostate and is no longer curable. This metastatic stage causes about 6,000 deaths every year in Spain alone, whilst in the US over 30,000 men succumb to the disease every year. In recent years, different subtypes of prostate cancer have been identified based on different genomic profiles. We believe that a better understanding of cancer biology, as well as an improved human prostate cancer taxonomy linked to clinical outcomes, could lead to improved patient outcomes through the application of tailored treatment strategies as opposed to the current one-fits-all approach. As an example of one of these clusters, 20-25% of all metastatic prostate cancers have aberrations in DNA repair genes; about half of these aberrations may correspond to inherited mutations.
- (2019). Risk Prediction Tools Available for Germline BRCA1/2 Mutations Underperform in Prostate Cancer Patients.. Eur Urol Oncol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Apalutamide and overall survival in non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Ann Oncol 30, 1813-1820. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Current Treatment Options for Metastatic Hormone-Sensitive Prostate Cancer. Cancers 11, E1355. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Relevance of radium-223 in hospital clinical practice from a medical oncologist point of view. Rev Esp Med Nucl Imagen Mol. (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Plasma Androgen Receptor and Docetaxel for Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol 75, 368-373. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Isolation and characterization of myogenic precursor cells from human cremaster muscle. Sci. Reports 9, 3454. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). BRCA2 and Other DDR Genes in Prostate Cancer. Cancers 11, E352. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). PROREPAIR-B: A Prospective Cohort Study of the Impact of Germline DNA Repair Mutations on the Outcomes of Patients With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. J Clin Oncol 37, 490-503. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Influence of the Technique and Comorbidities in Hypofractionated Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer. Clin Transl Oncol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Circulating Tumor Cell Increase as a Biomarker of Disease Progression in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Patients with Low Baseline CTC Counts.. Ann Oncol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Circulating tumour cell increase as a biomarker of disease progression in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients with low baseline CTC counts. Ann Oncol 29, 1554-1560. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Phase II pilot study of the prednisone to dexamethasone switch in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) patients with limited progression on abiraterone plus prednisone (SWITCH study). Br J Cancer 119, 1052-1059. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Selection and monitoring of patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer for treatment with radium-223. Clin Transl Oncol 20, 676-686. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). SEOM clinical guidelines for the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer (2017). Clin Transl Oncol 20, 57-68. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Patient-derived models of abiraterone and enzalutamide resistant prostate cancer reveal sensitivity to ribosome-directed therapy. Eur Urol 74, 562-572. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Prostate-specific antigen velocity in a prospective prostate cancer screening study of men with genetic predisposition. Br J Cancer 118, 266-276. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Apalutamide Treatment and Metastasis-free Survival in Prostate Cancer. New Engl J Med 378, 1408-1418. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). DNA Repair in Prostate Cancer: Biology and Clinical Implications.. Eur Urol 71, 417-425. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Professional Burnout in European Young Oncologists: Results of The European Society For Medical Oncology (ESMO) Young Oncologists Committee Burnout Survey.. Ann Oncol 28, 1590-1596. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). A novel capillary nano-immunoassay for assessing androgen receptor splice variant 7 in plasma. Correlation with CD133 antigen expression in circulating tumor cells. A pilot study in prostate cancer patients.. Clin Transl Oncol 19, 1350-1357. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Ambiguity in a masculine world: Being a BRCA1/2 mutation carrier and a man with prostate cancer.. Psycho-Oncol 26, 1987-1993. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). The Contemporary Use of Radium-223 in Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin Genitourin Cancer (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Inherited mutations in DNA repair genes and cancer risk.. Curr Prob Cancer 41, 251-264. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). mTORC1-dependent AMD1 regulation sustains polyamine metabolism in prostate cancer.. Nature 547, 109-113. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Somatic BRCA2 bi-allelic loss in the primary prostate cancer was associated to objective response to PARPi in a sporadic CRPC patient.. Ann Oncol 28, 1158-1159. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Decline in Circulating Tumor Cell Count and Treatment Outcome in Advanced Prostate Cancer.. Eur Urol 70, 985-992. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). MicroRNA and gene co-expression networks characterize biological and clinical behavior of rhabdomyosarcomas.. Cancer Lett (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2016). A first in man, dose-finding study of the mTORC1/mTORC2 inhibitor OSI-027 in patients with advanced solid malignancies.. Br J Cancer 114, 889-896. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). The PROFILE Feasibility Study: Targeted Screening of Men With a Family History of Prostate Cancer.. Oncologist 21, 716-722. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Targeting DNA Repair: The Role of PARP Inhibition in the Treatment of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.. Cancer J 22, 353-356. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Impact of fusion gene status versus histology on risk-stratification for rhabdomyosarcoma: Retrospective analyses of patients on UK trials.. Pediatr Blood Cancer (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Circulating tumor cell biomarker panel as an individual-level surrogate for survival in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.. J Clin Oncol 33, 1348-1355. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Effect of BRCA Mutations on Metastatic Relapse and Cause-specific Survival After Radical Treatment for Localised Prostate Cancer.. Eur Urol 68, 186-193. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Anti-tumour activity in RAS-driven tumours by blocking AKT and MEK.. Clin Cancer Res 21, 739-748. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). A robust blood gene expression-based prognostic model for castration-resistant prostate cancer.. BMC Med 13, 201. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). New advances in genitourinary cancer: evidence gathered in 2014.. Cancer Metast Rev 34, 443-464. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio: another drop in the ocean of CRPC biomakers?. Ann Oncol 26, 622-623. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Management of patients with advanced prostate cancer: Recommendations of the St.Gallen Advanced Prostate Cancer Consensus Conference (APCCC) 2015.. Ann Oncol 26, 1589-1604. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Updated recommendations from the Spanish Oncology Genitourinary Group for the treatment of patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 96, 308-318. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). Role of vascular endothelial growth factor C in classical c.. Leuk Lymphoma 56, 1286-1294. CNIO Publication.
- (2015). High burden of copy number alterations and c-MYC amplification in prostate cancer from BRCA2 germline mutation carriers.. Ann Oncol 26, 2293-2300. CNIO Publication.