- Pedro P. Lopez-Casas
- Daniel Alameda
- Elena Castro
- Carlo Cattrini
- Ylenia Cendón
- David Martínez
- Eva María Casas
- Olga Popova
- Leticia Rivera
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer diagnosis in men and, despite its potential to be cured in almost 90% of early stages, its metastatic spread causes about 6,000 deaths every year in Spain alone, whilst in the US over 30,000 men succumb to the disease each year.
During the last few years, our Group has focused precisely on the development of new methods to identify and treat the most aggressive and lethal forms of prostate cancer, in order to accelerate precision medicine for the disease. In particular, over the last 8 years, our group has made significant contributions in:
- Establishing and developing several biomarkers based on the concept of liquid biopsy.
- Understanding the implication of gene alterations leading to DNA repair deficiency in this disease.
- Developing new treatments for prostate cancer.
Our work has been widely recognised with several highly cited publications in top journals in our field, including The New England Journal of Medicine, The Lancet Oncology, The Journal of Clinical Oncology, European Urology, Annals of Oncology, and many others.
- (2021). Ipatasertib plus abiraterone and prednisolone in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (IPATential150): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, phase 3 trial. Lancet 398, 131-142. CNIO Publication.
- (2021). Apalutamide and Overall Survival in Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol 79, 150-158. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Genetic aberrations in DNA repair pathways: a cornerstone of precision oncology in prostate cancer. Br J Cancer 124, 552-563. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). HSD3B1 (1245A>C) Germline Variant and Clinical Outcomes in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Patients Treated With Abiraterone and Enzalutamide: Results From Two Prospective Studies. Ann Oncol 31, 1186-1197. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Survival with Olaparib in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. New Engl J Med 383, 2345-2357. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Association Between Second Progression-free Survival (PFS2) and Overall Survival in Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol 77, 763-766. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Efficacy and Safety Exposure-Response Relationships of Apalutamide in Patients with Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.. Clin Cancer Res 26, 4460-4467. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Olaparib for Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.. New Engl J Med 382, 2091-2102. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Early Post-treatment Prostate-specific Antigen at 4 Weeks and Abiraterone and Enzalutamide Treatment for Advanced Prostate Cancer: An International Collaborative Analysis.. Eur Urol Oncol 3, 176-182. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). BRCA Mutations in Prostate Cancer: Prognostic and Predictive Implications. Journal of Oncology 0, 4986365. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Epidemiological Characteristics and Survival in Patients with De Novo Metastatic Prostate Cancer. Cancers 12, 2855. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Influence of the Technique and Comorbidities in Hypofractionated Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer. Clin Transl Oncol 22, 311-318. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Risk Prediction Tools Available for Germline BRCA1/2 Mutations Underperform in Prostate Cancer Patients.. Eur Urol Oncol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Apalutamide and overall survival in non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Ann Oncol 30, 1813-1820. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Current Treatment Options for Metastatic Hormone-Sensitive Prostate Cancer. Cancers 11, E1355. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). Relevance of radium-223 in hospital clinical practice from a medical oncologist point of view. Rev Esp Med Nucl Imagen Mol. 38, 106-111. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Plasma Androgen Receptor and Docetaxel for Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol 75, 368-373. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Isolation and characterization of myogenic precursor cells from human cremaster muscle. Sci. Reports 9, 3454. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). BRCA2 and Other DDR Genes in Prostate Cancer. Cancers 11, E352. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2019). PROREPAIR-B: A Prospective Cohort Study of the Impact of Germline DNA Repair Mutations on the Outcomes of Patients With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. J Clin Oncol 37, 490-503. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Circulating Tumor Cell Increase as a Biomarker of Disease Progression in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Patients with Low Baseline CTC Counts.. Ann Oncol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Circulating tumour cell increase as a biomarker of disease progression in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients with low baseline CTC counts. Ann Oncol 29, 1554-1560. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Phase II pilot study of the prednisone to dexamethasone switch in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) patients with limited progression on abiraterone plus prednisone (SWITCH study). Br J Cancer 119, 1052-1059. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Selection and monitoring of patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer for treatment with radium-223. Clin Transl Oncol 20, 676-686. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). SEOM clinical guidelines for the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer (2017). Clin Transl Oncol 20, 57-68. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Patient-derived models of abiraterone and enzalutamide resistant prostate cancer reveal sensitivity to ribosome-directed therapy. Eur Urol 74, 562-572. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Prostate-specific antigen velocity in a prospective prostate cancer screening study of men with genetic predisposition. Br J Cancer 118, 266-276. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Apalutamide Treatment and Metastasis-free Survival in Prostate Cancer. New Engl J Med 378, 1408-1418. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). DNA Repair in Prostate Cancer: Biology and Clinical Implications.. Eur Urol 71, 417-425. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Professional Burnout in European Young Oncologists: Results of The European Society For Medical Oncology (ESMO) Young Oncologists Committee Burnout Survey.. Ann Oncol 28, 1590-1596. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). A novel capillary nano-immunoassay for assessing androgen receptor splice variant 7 in plasma. Correlation with CD133 antigen expression in circulating tumor cells. A pilot study in prostate cancer patients.. Clin Transl Oncol 19, 1350-1357. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Ambiguity in a masculine world: Being a BRCA1/2 mutation carrier and a man with prostate cancer.. Psycho-Oncol 26, 1987-1993. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). The Contemporary Use of Radium-223 in Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin Genitourin Cancer (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Inherited mutations in DNA repair genes and cancer risk.. Curr Prob Cancer 41, 251-264. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). mTORC1-dependent AMD1 regulation sustains polyamine metabolism in prostate cancer.. Nature 547, 109-113. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Somatic BRCA2 bi-allelic loss in the primary prostate cancer was associated to objective response to PARPi in a sporadic CRPC patient.. Ann Oncol 28, 1158-1159. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Decline in Circulating Tumor Cell Count and Treatment Outcome in Advanced Prostate Cancer.. Eur Urol 70, 985-992. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). MicroRNA and gene co-expression networks characterize biological and clinical behavior of rhabdomyosarcomas.. Cancer Lett (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2016). A first in man, dose-finding study of the mTORC1/mTORC2 inhibitor OSI-027 in patients with advanced solid malignancies.. Br J Cancer 114, 889-896. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). The PROFILE Feasibility Study: Targeted Screening of Men With a Family History of Prostate Cancer.. Oncologist 21, 716-722. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Targeting DNA Repair: The Role of PARP Inhibition in the Treatment of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.. Cancer J 22, 353-356. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Impact of fusion gene status versus histology on risk-stratification for rhabdomyosarcoma: Retrospective analyses of patients on UK trials.. Pediatr Blood Cancer (in press). CNIO Publication.