- Rosa María Ayala
- María Calbacho
- Francisco Javier De La Serna
- Lucia Virginia Fernández
- Miguel Gallardo
- Carlos Grande
- Ana Jiménez
- María Inmaculada Rapado
- Antonia Rodríguez
- Almudena García
- María Linares
- Ricardo Sánchez
- Antonio Valeri
- Sergio Algar
- Isabel Cuenca
- Jessica Encinas
- Alejandra Leivas
- Elena Maroto
- María Luz Morales
- María Alejandra Ortiz
- Alba Rodríguez
- Yanira Ruiz
- Laura Sánchez
- Pedro Aguilar
- Adrián Fernández
- Alexandra Juárez
- María Esther Onecha
The Haematological Malignancies Clinical Research Unit focuses on 3 main objectives:
- Molecular research of haematological cancers: studying of cancer induced changes at the proteomic and genomic levels. We aim to: i) find new genomic and proteomics biomarkers for a better diagnosis of these haematological diseases; ii) detect new molecular alterations as predictors of response to a treatment, for example by studying minimal residual disease; and iii) study immune mechanisms of cancer control, with a special focus on NK cells.
- In vitro & in vivo research: i) to establish the effects of new anticancer molecules in in vitro models of the disease; ii) to determine the mechanisms of resistance to anticancer drugs.
- Clinical research: translate preclinical findings to the patients through a phase I clinical trials unit.
- Dual PAK4-NAMPT inhibition impacts growth and survival, and increases sensitivity to DNA-damaging agents in Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia.(2019)
Clin Cancer Res 25, 369-377.
- Spectrum and functional validation of PSMB5 mutations in multiple myeloma.(2019)
Leukemia 33, 447-456.
- Novel deep targeted sequencing method for minimal residual disease monitoring in acute myeloid leukemia.(2019)
Haematologica 104, 288-296.
- Discontinuation of tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy in chronic myeloid leukaemia (EURO-SKI): a prespecified interim analysis of a prospective, multicentre, non-randomised, trial.(2018)
Lancet Oncol 19, 747-757.
- A novel nano-immunoassay method for quantification of proteins from CD138-purified myeloma cells: biological and clinical utility.(2018)
Haematologica 103, 880-889.
- Mutational screening of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patients by deep targeted sequencing.(2018)
Haematologica 103, e544-e548.
- Frequency and clinical impact of CDKN2A/ARF/CDKN2B gene deletions as assessed by in-depth genetic analyses in adult T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.(2018)
J Hematol Oncol 11, 96-.
- Haploidentical IL-15/41BBL activated and expanded natural killer cell infusion therapy after salvage chemotherapy in children with relapsed and refractory leukemia.(2018)
Cancer Lett 422, 107-117.
- Mutations in the DNA methylation pathway and number of driver mutations predict response to azacitidine in myelodysplastic syndromes.(2018)
Oncotarget 9, 30936-.
- Inherited variation in the xenobiotic transporter pathway and survival of multiple myeloma patients.(2018)
Br J Haematol 183, 375-384.
- nherited variation in the xenobiotic transporter pathway and survival of multiple myeloma patients.(2018)
Br J Haematol 183, 375-384.
- Concurrent progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy and central nervous system infiltration by multiple myeloma: A case report.(2018)
J Oncol Pharm Pract (in press).
- How do we manufacture clinical-grade interleukin-15-stimulated natural killer cell products for cancer treatment?(2018)
Transfusion 58, 1340-1347.
- Analytical and clinical validation of a novel in-house deep sequencing method for minimal residual disease monitoring in a phase II trial for multiple myeloma.(2017)
Leukemia 31, 1446-1449.
- Functional role and therapeutic targeting of p21-activated kinase 4 in multiple mieloma.(2017)
Blood 129, 2233-2245.
- Risk of thrombosis according to need of phlebotomies in patients with polycythemia vera treated with hydroxyurea.(2017)
Haematologica 102, 103-109.
- Memory T Cells Expressing an NKG2D-CAR Efficiently Target Osteosarcoma Cells.(2017)
Clin Cancer Res 23, 5824-5835.
- A Next-Generation Sequencing Strategy for Evaluating the Most Common Genetic Abnormalities in Multiple Myeloma.(2017)
J Mol Diagn 19, 99-106.
- Copy number profiling of adult relapsed B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia reveals potential leukemia progression mechanisms.(2017)
Gene Chromosome Canc 56, 812-820.
- Development and evaluation of a secondary reference panel for BCR-ABL1 quantitation on the International Scale.(2016)
Leukemia 30, 1844-1852.
- Sequential versus alternating administration of VMP and Rd in elderly patients with newly diagnosed MM.(2016)
Blood 127, 420-425.
- Novel treatment strategy with autologous activated and expanded natural killer cells plus anti-myeloma drugs for multiple myeloma.(2016)
Oncoimmunology 5, e1250051-.
- Response rate to the treatment of Waldenström macroglobulinemia: A meta-analysis of the results of clinical trials.(2016)
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 105, 118-126.
- hnRNP K Is a Haploinsufficient Tumor Suppressor that Regulates Proliferation and Differentiation Programs in Hematologic Malignancies.(2015)
Cancer Cell 28, 486-499.
- Genome-wide association study identifies variants at 16p13 associated with survival in multiple myeloma patients.(2015)
Nat Communications 6, 7539-.
- Critical analysis of the stringent complete response in multiple myeloma: contribution of sFLC and bone marrow clonality.(2015)
Blood 126, 858-862.
- Bendamustine, bortezomib and prednisone for the treatment of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patients: results of a prospective phase 2 Spanish/Pethema trial.(2015)
Haematologica 100, 1096-1102.
- Impact of prior treatment and depth of response on survival in MM-003, a randomized phase 3 study comparing pomalidomide plus low-dose dexamethasone versus high-dose dexamethasone in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.(2015)
Haematologica 100, 1334-1334.
- Treatment for patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma in 2015.(2015)
Blood Rev 29, 387-403.
- Risk of multiple myeloma is associated with polymorphisms within telomerase genes and telomere length.(2015)
Int J Cancer 136, E351-E358.
- Type 2 diabetes-related variants influence the risk of developing multiple myeloma: results from the IMMEnSE consortium.(2015)
Endocr-Relat Cancer 22, 545-559.
- CALR mutations screening should not be studied in splanchnic vein thrombosis.(2015)
Br J Haematol 170, 588-589.
- Obinutuzumab plus Chlorambucil in Patients with CLL and Coexisting Conditions.(2014)
New Engl J Med 370, 1101-1110.
- RAG-mediated recombination is the predominant driver of oncogenic rearrangement in ETV6-RUNX1 acute lymphoblastic leukemia.(2014)
Nat Genet 46, 116-125.
- Application of a 5-tiered scheme for standardized classification of 2,360 unique mismatch repair gene variants in the InSiGHT locus-specific database.(2014)
Nat Genet 46, 107-115.
- Treatment of high-risk Philadelphia chromosome-negative acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adolescents and adults according to early cytologic response and minimal residual disease after consolidation assessed by flow cytometry: final results of the PETHEMA ALL-AR-03 trial.(2014)
J Clin Oncol 32, 1595-1604.
- Prognostic value of deep sequencing method for minimal residual disease detection in multiple mieloma.(2014)
Blood 123, 3073-3079.
- GEM2005 trial update comparing VMP/VTP as induction in elderly multiple myeloma patients: do we still need alkylators?(2014)
Blood 124, 1887-1893.
- Whole exome sequencing in splenic marginal 1 zone lymphoma reveals mutations in 2 genes involved in marginal zone differentiation.(2014)
Leukemia 28, 1334-1340.
- Exome sequencing reveals novel and recurrent mutations with clinical impact in blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm.(2014)
Leukemia 28, 823-829.
- Critical evaluation of ASO RQ-PCR for minimal residual disease evaluation in multiple myeloma. A comparative analysis with flow cytometry.(2014)
Leukemia 28, 391-397.
- The International Prognostic Scoring System does not accurately discriminate different risk categories in patients with post-essential thrombocythemia and post-polycythemia vera myelofibrosis.(2014)
Haematologica 99, e55-e57.
- Clinical and biological characterization of patients with low (0.1-2%) JAK2V617F allele burden at diagnosis.(2014)
Haematologica 99, e98-e101.
- Genetic variants and multiple myeloma risk: IMMEnSE validation of the best reported associations–an extensive replication of the associations from the candidate gene era.(2014)
Cancer Epidem Biomar 23, 670-674.