- Álvaro García
- Scherezade Jiménez
- Lorena Maestre
- Ana Isabel Reyes
- Andrea Belén Romero
One of the greatest advances of the last decades in the field of biotechnology has been the development of hybridoma technology to generate monoclonal antibodies (mAbs). MAbs have revolutionised the field of research and medicine. Antibodies are essential tools in a broad array of laboratory techniques and procedures, and they are used to address basic research questions, leading to a better understanding of life processes. Their outstanding specificity makes them exquisite tools that enable researchers to explore and dissect biological processes in detail; they are particularly helpful in the investigation of new approaches for the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of cancer.
The Monoclonal Antibodies Unit provides CNIO Research Groups with an à la carte generation of mAbs using hybridoma technology. We are highly specialised in the production of mouse and rat monoclonal antibodies. The Unit also offers mAb characterisation and validation, medium-scale mAb production, as well as a Mycoplasma testing service for the cell culture facility.
- (2020). High-mobility group box (TOX) antibody a useful tool for the identification of B and T cell subpopulations. PLoS One 15, e0229743. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). The Antibody Society’s antibody validation webinar series.. MABS 12, 1794421. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Prediction of steroid demand in the treatment of patients with ulcerative colitis by immunohistochemical analysis of the mucosal microenvironment and immune checkpoint: role of macrophages and regulatory markers in disease severity. Pathol Int 69, 260-271. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). High TNFRSF14 and low BTLA are associated with poor prognosis in Follicular Lymphoma and in Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma transformation. J Clin Exp Hematop 59, 1-16. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Genomic Profile and Pathologic Features of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Subtype of Methotrexate-associated Lymphoproliferative Disorder in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients. Am J Surg Pathol 42, 936-950. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). Overlap at the molecular and immunohistochemical levels between angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma and a subgroup of peripheral T-cell lymphomas without specific morphological features. Oncotarget 9, 16124-16133. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Nkx2-3-A Slippery Slope From Development Through Inflammation Toward Hematopoietic Malignancies. Biomark Insights 13, 1-6. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2017). p-MAPK1 expression associated with poor prognosis in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma patients.. Br J Haematol 176, 661-664. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Clinicopathological characteristics and genomic profile of primary sinonasal tract diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) reveals gain at 1q31 and RGS1 encoding protein; high RGS1 immunohistochemical expression associates with poor overall survival in DLBCL NOS.. Histopathology 70, 595-621. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). KLHL6 is preferentially expressed in germinal center-derived B-cell lymphomas.. Am J Clin Pathol 148, 465-476. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Almost 2% of Spanish breast cancer families are associated to germline pathogenic mutations in the ATM gene.. Breast Cancer Res Treat 161, 117-134. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). FOXP2-positive diffuse large B-cell lymphomas exhibit a poor response to R-CHOP therapy and distinct biological signatures. Oncotarget 7, 52940-52956. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). The European antibody network’s practical guide to finding and validating suitable antibodies for research.. MABS 8, 27-36. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Lineage-specific roles of the cytoplasmic polyadenylation factor CPEB4 in the regulation of melanoma drivers. Nat Commun 7, 13418. CNIO Publication. Open Access