- Guillermo Garaulet
- Guillermo Medrano
- David Sabador
A new strategy involving molecular imaging is Theranostics, which integrates diagnostics and therapy for patient management. In the oncology field, this technique combines tumour diagnostic imaging and therapeutics, trying to improve existing techniques. The possibility of detecting the disease, guiding therapy and conducting follow-up is opening a new chapter in precision medicine.
In molecular imaging medicine, theranostics refers to the use of molecules labelled with either diagnostic radionuclides (e.g. gamma-ray or positron emitters) or with therapeutic radionuclides (beta-particle emitters) for diagnosis and treatment of a particular disease. Thus, molecular imaging and disease diagnosis can effectively lead to personalised treatment using the same study molecules.
- (2020). Beneficial effects of manually assisted chiropractic adjusting instrument in a rabbit model of osteoarthritis. Sci Rep 10, 1237. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2020). A new antibiotic-loaded sol-gel can prevent bacterial prosthetic joint infection: from in vitro studies to an in vivo model.. Front Microbiol 17, 2935. CNIO Publication.
- (2020). Current landscape of imaging and the potential role for artificial intelligence in the management of COVID-19.. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol (in press). CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Intratumoral expression using a NFkB-based promoter enhances IL12 antitumor efficacy. Cancer Gene Ther 26, 216-233. CNIO Publication.
- (2019). Effects of a Ketogenic Diet on [18F]FDG-PET Imaging in a Mouse Model of Lung Cancer. Mol Imaging Biol 21, 279-285. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). FGF21 gene therapy as treatment for obesity and insulin resistance. EMBO Mol Med 10, e8791. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). A versatile drug delivery system targeting senescent cells. EMBO Mol Med 10, pii: e9355. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Role of Activator Protein-1 Complex on the Phenotype of Human Osteosarcomas Generated from Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Stem Cells 36, 1487-1500. CNIO Publication.
- (2018). MT1-MMP as a PET Imaging Biomarker for Pancreas Cancer Management. Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging 2018, 8382148. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2018). Effects of a Ketogenic Diet on [18F]FDG-PET Imaging in a Mouse Model of Lung Cancer. Mol Imaging Biol 21, 279-285. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). 18F-fluoromisonidazole PET and activity of neoadjuvant nintedanib in early HER2-negative breast cancer: a window-of-opportunity randomized trial.. Clin Cancer Res 23, 1432-1441. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Intralymphatic Administration of Adipose Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reduces the Severity of Collagen-Induced Experimental Arthritis. Front Inmmunol 8, 462. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Impact of chiropractic manipulation on bone and skeletal muscle of ovariectomized rats.. Calcified Tissue Int 101, 519-529. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Whole-body imaging of lymphovascular niches identifies pre-metastatic roles of midkine.. Nature 546, 676-680. CNIO Publication.
- (2017). Plk1 regulates contraction of postmitotic smooth muscle cells and is required for vascular homeostasis.. Nat Med 23, 964-974. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Monitoring vascular normalization induced by antiangiogenic treatment with (18)F-fluoromisonidazole-PET. Mol Oncol 10, 1704-1718. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Adverse Effects of Diabetes Mellitus on the Skeleton of Aging Mice.. J Gerontol A-Biol 71, 290-299. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Local delivery of parathyroid hormone-related protein-derived peptides coated onto a hydroxyapatite-based implant enhances bone regeneration in old diabetic rats.. J Biomed Mater Res A 104, 2060-2070. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Targeting MT1-MMP as an ImmunoPET-Based Strategy for Imaging Gliomas. PLoS One 11, e0158634. CNIO Publication. Open Access
- (2016). Evaluation of the foetal time to death in mice after application of direct and indirect euthanasia methods.. Lab Animal 50, 100-107. CNIO Publication.
- (2016). Targeting Tumor Mitochondrial Metabolism Overcomes Resistance to Antiangiogenics. Cell Reports 15, 2705-2718. CNIO Publication. Open Access