Start date: 04/10/2019
Expiration Date: 18/10/2019 12:00:00
The Bioinformatics Unit within the Structural Biology Programme of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) is seeking to recruit for a bioinformatics position.
The work carried out by the candidate will be part of the *GENCODE* annotation of the human and mouse genomes. The work will involve the development of the web servers and databases at the Unit including APPRIS and FireDB/firestar, as well as the integration of pipelines based on data from large-scale proteomics, transcriptomics and population genomics analyses. The candidate will work within a research environment that includes computing servers and related applications for scientific purposes.
– Bachelor degree in informatics or Master degree in bioinformatics or similar.
– Computer Science or equivalent with at least 2 years of experience in the informatics or bioinformatics field, and strong programming skills.
– Background in bioinformatics, molecular biology and genomics.
– Experience in team coordination and ability to perform collaborative research in a highly multi-disciplinary environment (molecular biologists, medical doctors, computer scientists, and technical staff.
– Experience with GNU/Linux cluster environments.
– Practical experience with MySQL and Postgres databases.
– Expertise in developing bioinformatics tools for analysing widely used genomic databases and software.
– Proficiency in both written and spoken English required.
The CNIO Offers
– The opportunity to be part of one of the few European Cancer Research Centres of excellence.
– An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
– Competitive salary.
– Contract linked to a project.
Applicants should send their applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly quoting the Reference: TSBIOINF14 in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications and resumes without a reference will not be considered.
Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) data protection policy
Basic information about data protection
Pursuant to the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 regarding the protection of personal data (GDPR), any personal data you provide us with through this employment offer will be duly recorded and incorporated into the data processing systems managed by the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre Foundation (F.S.P CNIO) in order to register and manage your participation in the corresponding selection process. Furthermore, your personal information will not be passed onto anyone else except when required by law, and it will also not be used for any other purpose than the one indicated here. You may exercise your rights regarding access, rectification, suppression, limitation of processing, portability and opposition by writing to the following address: c/Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 (Madrid), addressing your correspondence to the Delegado de Protección de Datos, or by emailing: email@example.com
If you require further information about the processing of your personal data, go to the following link on our webpage: https://www.cnio.es/politica-de-privacidad-y-proteccion-de-datos/